BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 14h, 39m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 5539MB of 11102MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Windows XP Embedded        Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:41 am 
Reply with quote
sorry for asking again

i downloaded the demo of windows xp embedded. what can i do now for installing or cant you upload the "full version" of it on the ftp, without serial it wont be warez, like the x64 and x86 "aio" of vista

thanks


Top
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:21 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:00 pm

Posts
3557
The full version is warez no matter if there's a serial provided or not.
And I told you before that you need to build an XPe image using the Target Designer and such.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:50 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:06 pm

Posts
2393
I think the demo version is identical to the full except that the OS installation images built using the demo will have 180-day timebombs on them like the trials of Server 2003 do.

PS is there a really straightforward guide to building images from scratch with XPe available somewhere? I'm quite interested in trying this but when I looked at it once before it seemed really complicated, and it wasn't clear how to ensure that the OS you built would actually work, or how to make it into an image that you could install it from.

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:01 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:00 pm

Posts
3557
TechNet provides a "Getting Started" guide somewhere (in English, of course, but really excellent) to get an XPe image built for running in Virtual PC. It's the one I followed some years ago to build my XPe SP1 image for VMware (but I had to assimilate some steps to VMware's emulated hardware, of course). These images are run directly after being customised for the hardware they'll run on and their purpose, they're not installed or something like that. Building an image gives you a complete file system directory structure you just have to copy to your target device's boot device.

You're completely correct about the "trial images", they'll just have a timebomb.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:03 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:06 pm

Posts
2393
empireum wrote:
These images are run directly after being customised for the hardware they'll run on and their purpose, they're not installed or something like that.

So you just copy all the files over? Is there not something you then have to do to make that partition bootable though?

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:16 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:00 pm

Posts
3557
Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
empireum wrote:
These images are run directly after being customised for the hardware they'll run on and their purpose, they're not installed or something like that.

So you just copy all the files over? Is there not something you then have to do to make that partition bootable though?

Yes, of course, after that, you have to make the partition active and bootable, install the NT loader and create a correct boot.ini file to boot XPe. But if you're tinkering with your own XPe images, you surely know how to do this. :wink:


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:25 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:39 pm

Posts
149
I never used the trial, but for the retail one if you don't enter a key while building the installation (option is under a component), it will become a time limited software (not sure if it is 180 days), so aren't they the same then? or maybe there isn't a key entry option in the trial?


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:33 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:44 pm

Posts
26
idontknow wrote:
I never used the trial, but for the retail one if you don't enter a key while building the installation (option is under a component), it will become a time limited software (not sure if it is 180 days), so aren't they the same then? or maybe there isn't a key entry option in the trial?


In the Trial Version is also a key entry because Microsoft gives you a free key when you are downloading the Trial Version


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:47 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:04 pm

Posts
2797

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
empireum wrote:
TechNet provides a "Getting Started" guide somewhere (in English, of course, but really excellent) to get an XPe image built for running in Virtual PC.


I think you mean http://blogs.msdn.com/mikehall/archive/2006/08/22/712904.aspx/

_________________
C H E C K E D . B U I L D S . A R E . A W E S O M E N E S S

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi


Top  Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS