A Windows version you wish MS had released publicly

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
sonicexcess

Post by sonicexcess »

I always liked longhorn 4058 build and would love to have had that as a final build to use full time. Its such a shame that many of the features seen in the early longhorn beta's never made it into what we now call vista.

terrivel

Answer

Post by terrivel »

I think Neptune is one of the coolest Betas ever and it should worth the effort of being finished. I've always liked Windows 2000 but the details that Neptune introduced...just great. That Windows Identities feature and the cd-player! Very good! I'm just a newbie and I've also just tested Whistler Build 2467 and Neptune but I'm looking forward to test some Longhorn Builds! I just drool over the images! Mostly from Milestone Five...what a beauty...

dirtwarrior
FTP Access

Post by dirtwarrior »

Were there any whistlers in the 2300's?

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

dirtwarrior wrote:Were there any whistlers in the 2300's?
AFAIK, no. The "build 2309" screenshots were obviously fake.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I WANT THIS!!!

This are pictures from a windows blackcomb (vienna/seven) presentation 7 years ago.

Caelestis

Post by Caelestis »

I would like to have all the alpha builds of Longhorn shown on the WinHEC conferences [/quote]

Xammer
FTP Access

Post by Xammer »

That was not a Blackcomb demo, that was a MSN8 demo running on a prototype version of Windows.

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

I want Neptune

@ Caelestis: most stuff showed on confs were just a concept demo, not real compiled builds
@ Xammer: I know it's not blackcomb but i want this proto anyway

scb3131

Post by scb3131 »

Is Neptune really that good, if it is i want to install it.

But i want to atleast test Longhorn 4067, as many know, it was never leaked, and illuded everyone. Many people wonder why it was not released, was it not stable, or was it the greatest build in the longhorn series.

I like longhorn alot, except for the bugginess, i've tested 4074 and have been following the many Longhorn "Enhancment" projects, in forums such as JoeJoe.org

*goes to download Neptune*

Frozenport
FTP Access
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

D.Konieczny wrote:Image

I WANT THIS!!!

This are pictures from a windows blackcomb (vienna/seven) presentation 7 years ago.
There is a big chance those are just mock-ups possibly made in Flash
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

scb3131 wrote:Is Neptune really that good, if it is i want to install it.
[...]
*goes to download Neptune*
In fact, Neptune was going to be something like Windows 2000 Home Edition. IMO it looks cool - smilar to 2000 but has Activity Ceneters (a little like Media Center ) and cool logon screen (smilar to those seen on Whistler betas).
Oh and btw if you have nVidia GPU you may have some problems with installing drivers.
Frozenport wrote:
D.Konieczny wrote:Image

I WANT THIS!!!

There is a big chance those are just mock-ups possibly made in Flash
AFAIK it's real Windows prototype version. It's running early MSN Messenger 8 version and that makes me think it is on real OS, not Flash presentation...