BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 7d, 12h, 29m | CPU: 7% | MEM: 1783MB of 3431MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Memphis Builds 1351 & 1387        Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:51 pm 
FTP Access

Does anyone know how to get round the timebomb problem in these builds of Memphis using VPC 2004?

I've tried changing the BIOS date for my virtual PC but it doesn't go back to the 1997 periods to allow the installation to complete I keep getting the message saying that the software has expired.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Memphis Builds 1351 & 1387        Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:06 pm 
Donator

change1973 wrote:
Does anyone know how to get round the timebomb problem in these builds of Memphis using VPC 2004?

I've tried changing the BIOS date for my virtual PC but it doesn't go back to the 1997 periods to allow the installation to complete I keep getting the message saying that the software has expired.

Does VPC have a time synchronization feature? If it has, then set back the clock of your physical PC to 1997 or whatever you need prior to starting the install.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Memphis Builds 1351 & 1387        Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:49 pm 
change1973 wrote:

There is a patch made to fix it, I find that booting to dos with a bootdisk
when it comes time to do the 1st reboot whilst the installation is taking
place, & running the patch from the bootdisk, then restarting your
computer within vpc does the trick for me, no need to worry about the
date then... :wink:

PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:56 pm 
FTP Access

I can't see any way of changing the time in virtual PC. I ddn't know if there was a timebomb fixer similar to the Longhorn ones that were around throughout Vista's development.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:10 am 
FTP Access

You can change the time in Virtual PC without it reseting every time, I had this problem before.

In your Virtual PC configuration file (The config file for that Virtual PC, not the program) add this to "<host_time_sync>": <enabled>false</enabled>.

If you don't have "<host_time_sync>" create it under the Microsoft section. It should look something like this:

Code:
<integration>
<microsoft>
<host_time_sync>
<enabled>false</enabled>
</host_time_sync>

Top  Profile