BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 63d, 2h, 0m | CPU: 52% | MEM: 5145MB of 12174MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows Me Beta in 2016        Posted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:55 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
windows me beta
If I can not post this then please get rid of it.
I went all over the net to find how to get the beta win me to run on a system with 2016 for the bios year. Some were in 2 parts, one you changed the dates in w*setup.bin, never got that to work, 2nd you got winboot.sys from a release retail windows me disk, it is in the precopy1.cab, change its name to io.sys and then at first reboot during install of beta you replace the beta io.sys with the full retail io.sys.
I did only the 2nd part starting install with 1999 bios date then used a linux and a usb stick with new io.sys at 1st restart to change the io.sys. After full install I changed bios date to 2016 and it worked! I used linux but I guess you could use dos or something else? I now have beta 2525 working fine on a lomita motherboard. Hope this helps?

This did not change original beta disk only the install.

I made a GHOST img of the drive when I was done so if anything goes wrong I do not have to install again.

EDIT
on beta 2525 it lost that info from lower right screen, on beta 2380 it lost the startup beta 1 logo but the lower right screen still has the beta 2380 info. How can the beta 1 2380 startup logo be put back?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Me Beta in 2016        Posted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:39 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NeXTSTEP 3.3
Thanks for the info; this might help someone searching in the future!
Offtopic Comment
I really hate when people find a solution to something they've been asking about and then they never post how they fixed it.

Top  Profile