BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 63d, 2h, 1m | CPU: 30% | MEM: 5169MB of 12174MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows ME on a CUWE        Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 3:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
windows me beta
I have 15 beta win ME, that I have tried to install on a ASUS CUWE-FX motherboard. A easy one to do is 2380.2 as it started up with LAN, SOUND, and USB all ok and installed, I only had to install the VIDEO and that went well. The betas after this all had some problems untill I got to the pre realese like 2525. IE 5.5 works very well on some sites like this one and I installed winamp, ccleaner, cpuz, and the MS solitaire game, all went fine.
I had to set bios time to 1999 and because I use this system I would like to fix that time bomb. Until it is fixed
I have to change 1999 back to 2016 every time I use browser linux 501 to go to sites that IE 5.5 will not and with one mistake going back to 2380.2 with 2016 set and it is gone, will not start again.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows ME on a CUWE        Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:19 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
3.11 WfW, 98SE, 5.1.2464, LH4001
And exactly what's the point of that topic? Internet says nothing about detimebombing more recent WinMe builds, in earlier versions you have to sys c: from WinMe RTM.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows ME on a CUWE        Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:51 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
windows me beta
I have the 15 beta me and 50 computers 1/4 are old systems that xp is way to slow on. I want to use the beta not just collect them. If they work on a system then pass it on if they do not work on a system then ask questions.
Once I find all my old software then maybe I have some I can pass on that the site does not have?
If this is not a site to do this, then sorry I will have to move on.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows ME on a CUWE        Posted: Fri May 13, 2016 12:48 pm 

Favourite OS
earlytv wrote:
I have the 15 beta me and 50 computers 1/4 are old systems that xp is way to slow on. I want to use the beta not just collect them. If they work on a system then pass it on if they do not work on a system then ask questions.
Once I find all my old software then maybe I have some I can pass on that the site does not have?
If this is not a site to do this, then sorry I will have to move on.

Just remove the timebomb by replacing IO.SYS with a final version

Top  Profile