BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 66d, 23h, 6m | CPU: 10% | MEM: 5416MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows 98 Spanish Beta 3?        Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:40 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Nashville 4.00.83
I found some screenshots and information of a Spanish version of Windows 98 Beta 3 from a Spanish computer magazine from April 1998. What's interesting is the magazine says (translated): "Microsoft Spain has distributed to a group of clients registered in previous versions, priced at 4.995 pesetas (pesetas being a currency between 1869 and 2002)."

This probably means it's a standalone Spanish Windows 98 Beta 3, which is interesting as I've never heard of one before. Has anyone heard of one before? In any case, here's a screenshot from the magazine. I could upload all the scans but my internet is currently working intermittently. Ah well...

This magazine also has information about previous Memphis and Chicago builds, OS/2 Warp 3 and 4, Windows 98 SE RC1 and Windows 2000 Beta 3. Many of that I've already posted in other threads but if you want, I can offer some for you.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 98 Spanish Beta 3?        Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:06 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Anniversary Update
I can have some information about this "Beta 3", as I'm interested.

I am not a Spanish speaker and I don't know anything about the Spanish language, aside from recognizing sentence languages.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 98 Spanish Beta 3?        Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:31 pm 
Permanently Banned

Favourite OS
7601 SP1
Heard of Windows 98 Beta 3 English but never the Spanish version. The magazine you have sounds pretty cool and sounds to have informative details of old Windows Betas in my opinion. I wonder where you got it from.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 98 Spanish Beta 3?        Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:56 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Build 7898
Yah, it could be awesome to know more info.

PivotGuy246, share source info and we going to translate it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 98 Spanish Beta 3?        Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:50 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Oh, I don't have a copy of the source.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 98 Spanish Beta 3?        Posted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:03 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8 Build 7898
Ok, post any info you know in spanish if you prefer.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 98 Spanish Beta 3?        Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:22 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 98SE
Interesting a Spanish variant of Windows 98 Beta 3. Never heard of many Windows versions being in different languages. If possible, can you post the source on where you got it from? Thanks.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 98 Spanish Beta 3?        Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:55 am 
FTP Access

A lot of international betas existed in the 9x era, in fact there are a few screenshots of Czech Windows 95 betas available as well (IIRC, Jagotu posted them), it's very unlikely we'll ever see disk images of these though

Top  Profile