Chicago Build 58s Setup error

Discuss Windows 95, 98 and ME.
WinPC

Chicago Build 58s Setup error

Post by WinPC »

Why does Chicago Build 58s Setup give an error message when later versions of Windows are present, and can this be fixed? I need to install Chicago Build 58s for the Chicago Build 34 mimic I'm trying to create.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Because it is meant to be installed as an upgrade to an existing, previous version. You can try to rename win.com and winver.exe from your existing install, maybe this will fool Chicago.

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

empireum wrote:Because it is meant to be installed as an upgrade to an existing, previous version. You can try to rename win.com and winver.exe from your existing install, maybe this will fool Chicago.
everybody thinks that, but that isnt true! use the bootdisk and you can install it without any DOS installed before!

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

I'm sorry but that won't work. If there is no Windows installation on your PC's hard drive, it gives an error message when setup files from later builds are present. I tried deleting my Windows installation once to try to install it but it still gave an error message.

fir3wir3

chicago

Post by fir3wir3 »

can you give me a link to a chicago download please!

Daniel

Re: chicago

Post by Daniel »

fir3wir3 wrote:can you give me a link to a chicago download please!
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.

If you have 10 contributing posts, you can join the members group and then you have access to the servers.