BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 21h, 36m | CPU: 47% | MEM: 2739MB of 6569MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: problem installing windows chicago build 122        Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:21 am 
well, as you guys can brobubly tell, im new to these beta os's, and im running into a bit of trouble installing the aforementioned build onto my virtual win 98 machine, it keeps saying that it cant find a bootable ms-dos partition, what am i missing exactly to get this running? and if its cause of a bad iso.. can someone direct me to a good one, i would use the ones on this server, but i haven't met requirements yet....

thnks...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:51 am 
Donator

Likely your partition is fat32. It needs to be FAT16.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:14 am 
Donator

all windows 95 beta need FAT16, only the second release Windows 95 B and above can accept FAT32

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:20 pm 
gah! how could i have forgotten that! thanks for reminding me, im away from my comp, but ill give it a shot when i get the chance, thanks

EDIT:well, after fighting it for a while, i got the installer to start.... but now i can get to the screen were it asks for name, company, beta site id and password, so i input just the name beta id and pass, but when i click next, it says, "please verify your name, beta site id and password." then it highlights my password like thats the section that is wrong... any ideas?

(this has got to be the most troublesome beta ive ever tried to install..its really working my last nerve....)