New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
Post Reply
Kenneth
Donator
Posts: 2407
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:42 am

New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by Kenneth »

From 7264:
Image

zeehonden_3
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:46 pm

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by zeehonden_3 »

Quite good wallpaper. I think it is not really nice that you can't change it, but it is better than that grey betta fisch one. Would be nice with aero glass. Problem is that there isn't aero glass in starter
Image

SLAYERMAGGOT
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 910
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:47 pm

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by SLAYERMAGGOT »

That one looks really awesome, where you got the Starter Editon, since the is just there Ultimate out?

Namronia

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by Namronia »

All versions are on the same DVD, you just need to patch some files or have the right serial.
Also you could look into the WIM with 7zip or ximage and extract the files of the single versions

Day2Die
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 1252
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:07 am
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by Day2Die »

I personally think this one (from all the other editions) looks better:
Image

Still, the more, the merrier.
Never leave home without PeerBlock, or you might not return at all.

Whistler_fan
Donator
Posts: 512
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:21 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by Whistler_fan »

zeehonden_3 wrote:Quite good wallpaper. I think it is not really nice that you can't change it, but it is better than that grey betta fisch one. Would be nice with aero glass. Problem is that there isn't aero glass in starter
I think that someone will hut down the BMP from a resource dll or something and makes a hack/guide for it. The image has to be somewhere in windows..

zeehonden_3
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 682
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:46 pm

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by zeehonden_3 »

Whistler_fan wrote:
zeehonden_3 wrote:Quite good wallpaper. I think it is not really nice that you can't change it, but it is better than that grey betta fisch one. Would be nice with aero glass. Problem is that there isn't aero glass in starter
I think that someone will hut down the BMP from a resource dll or something and makes a hack/guide for it. The image has to be somewhere in windows..
Yes, Rafael (from withinwindows.com) has tried to do it, but says that it is better protected than he thought.
Image

Derf
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 3943
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 pm
Contact:

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by Derf »

Damn, that wallpaper is so much nice than the default one on the other editions.

pizzaboy192
User avatar
Staff
Posts: 2688
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:25 am
Location: Earth.
Contact:

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by pizzaboy192 »

zeehonden_3 wrote:
Whistler_fan wrote:
zeehonden_3 wrote:Quite good wallpaper. I think it is not really nice that you can't change it, but it is better than that grey betta fisch one. Would be nice with aero glass. Problem is that there isn't aero glass in starter
I think that someone will hut down the BMP from a resource dll or something and makes a hack/guide for it. The image has to be somewhere in windows..
Yes, Rafael (from withinwindows.com) has tried to do it, but says that it is better protected than he thought.
Rafael's UXstyle app can allow you to change it
Rafael wrote:(Thankfully, UxStyle, to be pushed out as a public beta this weekend (hopefully), will feature the ability to bypass this wallpaper restriction.)
http://uxstyle.com/

Ambig
FTP Access
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:53 am

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by Ambig »

I wonder if it will be included as one of the wallpapers you can select in the other editions.

nookupeous
User avatar
FTP Access
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by nookupeous »

Ambig wrote:I wonder if it will be included as one of the wallpapers you can select in the other editions.
I saw it in the windir or system32 on 7246 I don't remembr if you could select it, but if not browse for it and set it as your wallpaper.

angelwolf71885
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: Florida

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by angelwolf71885 »

pizzaboy192 wrote:
Rafael's UXstyle app can allow you to change it
Rafael wrote:(Thankfully, UxStyle, to be pushed out as a public beta this weekend (hopefully), will feature the ability to bypass this wallpaper restriction.)
http://uxstyle.com/

and as long as DWM service is included or running on starter then that there prog
could allow us to copy over the areo theme and have glass
Image

pizzaboy192
User avatar
Staff
Posts: 2688
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:25 am
Location: Earth.
Contact:

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by pizzaboy192 »

angelwolf71885 wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote:
Rafael's UXstyle app can allow you to change it
Rafael wrote:(Thankfully, UxStyle, to be pushed out as a public beta this weekend (hopefully), will feature the ability to bypass this wallpaper restriction.)
http://uxstyle.com/

and as long as DWM service is included or running on starter then that there prog
could allow us to copy over the areo theme and have glass
I'm fairly certain the someone will find a way to just rip DWM from the final Windows 7 build, shouldn't be _that_ hard to install it on another Windows 7 install...

Kenneth
Donator
Posts: 2407
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:42 am

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by Kenneth »

pizzaboy192 wrote:
angelwolf71885 wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote:
Rafael's UXstyle app can allow you to change it
Rafael wrote:(Thankfully, UxStyle, to be pushed out as a public beta this weekend (hopefully), will feature the ability to bypass this wallpaper restriction.)
http://uxstyle.com/

and as long as DWM service is included or running on starter then that there prog
could allow us to copy over the areo theme and have glass
I'm fairly certain the someone will find a way to just rip DWM from the final Windows 7 build, shouldn't be _that_ hard to install it on another Windows 7 install...
You'll also have to fix the license values...

Thlump
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:52 am
Location: United States

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by Thlump »

Namronia wrote:All versions are on the same DVD, you just need to patch some files or have the right serial.
Also you could look into the WIM with 7zip or ximage and extract the files of the single versions
or you can delete ei.cfg, then you can select any version you want.
Image

Thlump
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:52 am
Location: United States

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by Thlump »

nookupeous wrote:
Ambig wrote:I wonder if it will be included as one of the wallpapers you can select in the other editions.
I saw it in the windir or system32 on 7246 I don't remembr if you could select it, but if not browse for it and set it as your wallpaper.
Sorry for double post, but the wallpaper is located at C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg

in the .wim file the wallpaper is stored at 1\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg
Image

Ambig
FTP Access
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:53 am

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by Ambig »

pizzaboy192 wrote: I'm fairly certain the someone will find a way to just rip DWM from the final Windows 7 build, shouldn't be _that_ hard to install it on another Windows 7 install...
People thought the same thing about enabling Aero on Vista Home Basic.

angelwolf71885
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: Florida

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by angelwolf71885 »

Ambig wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote: I'm fairly certain the someone will find a way to just rip DWM from the final Windows 7 build, shouldn't be _that_ hard to install it on another Windows 7 install...
People thought the same thing about enabling Aero on Vista Home Basic.
but whats different about win 7 is even in starter ALL the components are installed just not enabled
u just need a simple token to enable the features...

s alls we need is blue badge 7.0 ( its a pun ) and we can have all the features enabled in starter
Image

Kenneth
Donator
Posts: 2407
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:42 am

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by Kenneth »

Yes, but the Tokens.dat file is protected by SPP and if it gets modified, SPP will complain.

angelwolf71885
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: Florida

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by angelwolf71885 »

Windows OCManage wrote:Yes, but the Tokens.dat file is protected by SPP and if it gets modified, SPP will complain.
well its good to see Microsoft wasn't that dumb lol..

but im sure someone will come up with a token serial generator
hell i think Orbit30 already did with his latest tool...

btw is the Token.dat encrypted itself? meaning when you open it is it gibberish
or can u actually see the stuff that can be changed?

but i think the withenwindows guy is going to run into issues with starter
because windows seems to check the hash of the wallpaper

so i don't think a simple theme enabler is going to let us change the wallpaper
Image

pizzaboy192
User avatar
Staff
Posts: 2688
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:25 am
Location: Earth.
Contact:

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by pizzaboy192 »

angelwolf71885 wrote:
Windows OCManage wrote:Yes, but the Tokens.dat file is protected by SPP and if it gets modified, SPP will complain.
well its good to see Microsoft wasn't that dumb lol..

but im sure someone will come up with a token serial generator
hell i think Orbit30 already did with his latest tool...

btw is the Token.dat encrypted itself? meaning when you open it is it gibberish
or can u actually see the stuff that can be changed?

but i think the withenwindows guy is going to run into issues with starter
because windows seems to check the hash of the wallpaper

so i don't think a simple theme enabler is going to let us change the wallpaper
The wallpaper is hashed in 7 Starter, but it is not easy, but trickable. all you do is find a way to fake the system into thinking that the hash is still the same for the picture, but in reality, it is a completely different picture. Same concept as BlueBadge V0,1,and 2 (Tricked windows into thinking it was on the MS network.)

reekilynn
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:28 am
Contact:

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by reekilynn »

More of my classmates said that the new wallpaper in build 7232 and later is so "ugly"...and I think this wallpaper for starter may be not bad.
I'm only a collector. That's all.

hb860
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 924
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:31 am
Contact:

Re: New Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper

Post by hb860 »

Looks not bad. Maybe it is better than new default image from other editions
:(

Post Reply