BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 18h, 12m | CPU: 52% | MEM: 5709MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Windows 1.00        Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:47 am 
This is my last post.

Okay all you people at BetaArchive, I would like to present to you some bullcrap that 2 members decided to pull on me about Windows 1.00.

First off, they claim to have the real Demonstration copy of Windows 1.00, the one that was only played at the 1983 Comdex Tech Show in November in Las Vegas.

But what they didn't reliase is, is that Microsoft never handed out any copies of this Operating System out to any of the Members of the public at the show, and they neither handed it out to Business partners at that time neither, they instead gave out a pre-release of Windows 1.01 to Busines parnters and the like, hence the 14month waiting period between the Comdex show and the release of Windows 1.01.

The other night, Nimrod (I forget her/his name, Nara..something) decided to launch an insult at me, which is a bad mistake when you have nothing to back it up with especially to me, as I make a living out of Destroying people at the Firm I work at, and plus I've been in the Beta scene before these little kids were probably born, I have a heavy background and a former list of former contacts.

Daniel decided to send me a video of this so called operating system of Windows 1.00, and with the help of another good friend of mine, we viewed it and the instant we hit play we already knew it was fake, and I'll provide screenshots of why it was at the end of my long post here.

1) The MSDOS screen doesn't display the version, and considering MSDOS 2.0 displays it for me at boot is quite odd.

2) It seems that the Windows 1.00 came in 1.44MB Floppy Disks...quite odd considering it never ever came in 1.44MB Floppy Disks.

3) They say the Disks had no Labels, quite incorrect as they were labeled.

4) They do not provide evidence of the scan of the physical disks which would if they did, have the Comdex logo and an Confidential Private tag printed on them.

5) The copyright of the 1.00 says 1985...how is that Possible when the Windows 1.00 was made in July 1983.

6) The boot up says Premier Edition, no known Windows was ever labled that

7) The boot screen is too screwed up for it to be real either.

8) The file dates on the disks they say they have are from 1985, quite odd since the disks were made in 1983 and that the Microsoft Compilers must of then been set for almost 2 years in time.

9) So much more, but I do not have the time to say it all, as it isn't worth my time.

http://users.tpg.com.au/zackkost/Windows%201.00.rar

I apologise for any previous actions I have taken, and that is a real apology.

PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:52 am 
Donator

The premiere thing seems to be real.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 1.00        Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:20 am 
Bourne_Justice wrote:
This is my last post.

Okay all you people at BetaArchive, I would like to present to you some bullcrap that 2 members decided to pull on me about Windows 1.00.

First off, they claim to have the real Demonstration copy of Windows 1.00, the one that was only played at the 1983 Comdex Tech Show in November in Las Vegas.

But what they didn't reliase is, is that Microsoft never handed out any copies of this Operating System out to any of the Members of the public at the show, and they neither handed it out to Business partners at that time neither, they instead gave out a pre-release of Windows 1.01 to Busines parnters and the like, hence the 14month waiting period between the Comdex show and the release of Windows 1.01.

You might want to get your facts right before going out on a limb &
making posts like this, hammering members here who have done no wrong...
& secondly, your breaking the rules, claiming "FAKE", for no good reason
I might add..
Have you bothered to search the facts yourself, seems not..
Well, here's a few facts to get the ball rolling..

Quote:
May
Microsoft ships software developer kits for Windows. [909.229]
June
At Microsoft, Bill Gates and Steve Ballmer write an internal applications strategy memo on the company's commitment to the graphical user interface, on the Macintosh and for Windows. [686.148] [1299.256]
October
Microsoft gives a demonstration of the final version of Windows to IBM. For the third time, IBM is not interested. [45]
May
Microsoft demonstrates Microsoft Windows at Spring COMDEX. Release date is set for June, at a price of US$95. [346.187]
June
Microsoft announces Windows 1.0. [75] [150]
July
Micrografx releases In-A-Vision, the first application for Microsoft Windows from an independent software company. [346.191] [307.95] [1149.391] [1299.294]
Microsoft ships the "premiere edition" of Windows to software developers, OEM customers, and select press members. [1299.284]

Source..

Quote:
> The Heath Zenith Model Number of the Software package is MS-5063-30. Can
> anyone verify what this model number represents?

> Since it comes on 5 5 1/4" 48tpi floppy disks and can be installed in a HZ
> 8088 PC I feel certain it is original. The manual indicates it can be
> installed on a two floppy machine besides on a hard drive.

I have a 4 disk version of "Mircosoft Windows Operating Environment
Premiere Edition" for "IBMs and COMPAQs Personal Computers" The 4 disks
are labelled as follows:

1) Setup Disk
2) Build Disk
3) Utilities Disk
4) Desktop Applications Disk

there is the same 050050P reference nu,mber on each disk.

Once again no mention of Windows 1.0 (but there would not be would there).

Don't know if this helps or confuses the issue.

-- HBP
Source.

Quote:
there's a history of Microsoft seriously underestimating the time it takes to get out a new release. It goes all the way back to the first version of Windows, when we finally shipped Windows 1.01* more than a year late. There were about twenty engineers working on Windows then. Like the Vista project (but on a much, much smaller scale), there were a couple points during the project when a major component had to be rethought and rewritten. Ultimately, of course, the product got out the door, in November 1985.

* Windows 1.0 was "Windows Premiere Edition" and shipped a couple months earlier to certain customers; it did not go to the retail channel.

Source..

Bourne_Justice wrote:
1) The MSDOS screen doesn't display the version, and considering MSDOS 2.0 displays it for me at boot is quite odd.

Typing CLS, then enter clears the screen, seems you don't know that...

Bourne_Justice wrote:
2) It seems that the Windows 1.00 came in 1.44MB Floppy Disks...quite odd considering it never ever came in 1.44MB Floppy Disks.

What good would it do anyone to release it on a floppy image that's of no use
to anyone...
& do yourself a favour, open a 720k floppy image with winimage & go to
the menu on top of winimage, press on "Image", second from the left, then
press "change format" whallah, a 360/720k image can be transformed &
made to run on a 1.44 image, gee that was hard now wasn't it...

Bourne_Justice wrote:

Happens if you don't choose the right graphics card during the installation...

Bourne_Justice wrote:

You might want to save that apology for Daniel, he's never done or said anything here to insult anyone, more than I can say for you, whoever you
are hiding behind a new username, for the sole purpose of causing trouble..

Did you even bother to do a few tests yourself before hammering a valued
member here, seems not...

Well then perhaps you should start by becoming familiar with the File Comparison
utility that has shipped with windows for the last 13 or more years now,
there's quite a number of files different in both size & binaries...

Or even easier still, stick your windows CD into the drive & install the
support tools, then run "Windiff" from the "Start\Run" command..
Place all the widows 1.00 files in one folder, all the Windows 1.01 files in
another folder, & run the windiff tool, it'll not only tell you that the number
of files are different, but the code within them is significantly different...

PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:12 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Somethings not right here..
both sign up under a new user name, both containing "Bourne"

..makes a topic and flames each other over Windows 1.00 thats probably fake..

am i missing something here?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:12 am 
Donator

I definetly know who the first user is, and I have a rough idea of who the second user is, but im not in any position to post their names

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 1.00        Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:31 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Bourne_Justice wrote:
This is my last post.

The other night, Nimrod (I forget her/his name, Nara..something) decided to launch an insult at me, which is a bad mistake when you have nothing to back it up with especially to me, as I make a living out of Destroying people at the Firm I work at, and plus I've been in the Beta scene before these little kids were probably born, I have a heavy background and a former list of former contacts.

Daniel decided to send me a video of this so called operating system of Windows 1.00, and with the help of another good friend of mine, we viewed it and the instant we hit play we already knew it was fake, and I'll provide screenshots of why it was at the end of my long post here.

3) They say the Disks had no Labels, quite incorrect as they were labeled.

4) They do not provide evidence of the scan of the physical disks which would if they did, have the Comdex logo and an Confidential Private tag printed on them.

5) The copyright of the 1.00 says 1985...how is that Possible when the Windows 1.00 was made in July 1983.

6) The boot up says Premier Edition, no known Windows was ever labled that

8) The file dates on the disks they say they have are from 1985, quite odd since the disks were made in 1983 and that the Microsoft Compilers must of then been set for almost 2 years in time.

9) So much more, but I do not have the time to say it all, as it isn't worth my time.

http://users.tpg.com.au/zackkost/Windows%201.00.rar

Okay, look:

I dont know what your problem is, Alexsis!

1. I never said, that i have the demo disks from 1983.
Quote:

This is a lie!

2. I made this post (link) some days ago and what I got from you is this harshly pm:

I talked to you on msn later and said, that I have some floppy images of something, what could be the real windows 1.00. I also said you, that I'm not sure, whether this is real or not ant that I'm checking at the moment if it is genuine.

I dont know, what your problem is, but I think you are old enough to post such a [censored] with your real account, or just behave like a mature person, alexsis!

I really dont want any beef, and i think that a piece of shitty software isnt it worth.

My plan was, to leak my floppys when I am 100% sure that they are real, but now, i think it would be better not to leak them, because this causes only problems...

Oh and I dont know, if you ever seen this screenshots: link

I dont think that this is windows 1.00....

Please could any mod lock this topic? We have already lost a very good member, and this is the internet - not the real life....

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:10 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Locked by request.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]