BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 17d, 6h, 51m | CPU: 10% | MEM: 5540MB of 11705MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 PostPost subject: Re: New informations (and photos) on Windows 1.00 Pre-DR5 !        Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 am 
FTP Access

Sure, that is "real"! 640x400 16 color display... Tell your "friend" I want the DISPLAY.EXE in that build. I wonder what driver can make 16 color 640x400 for DR5...

DR5 *could* have EGA support since it was released a few days after EGA was introduced but even if there is an EGA driver, I bet it is monochrome.

I think the only thing we need to replicate those pictures is the Tandy 2000 display driver for DR5.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New informations (and photos) on Windows 1.00 Pre-DR5 !        Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:27 am 
Donator

No comment.

Also I am pretty sure 640x200 doublescanned (therefore 640x400) w/ 16 colors is a supported EGA mode with both the ECD and CGA monitors and is implemented in the EGALORES driver. However, I don't think there ever was a DR5 driver for it, as EGA was introduced around the time of DR5 release and Alpha shipped only with EGAMONO (EGA + MDA display).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New informations (and photos) on Windows 1.00 Pre-DR5 !        Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:06 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 1.0 DR5
Jerry056 wrote:
My friend gave me a screenshot of Windows 1.0 DR5 running in 16 colors! He said drivers were also provided with earlier versions of Windows and it can be used in DR5. To prove he have the build, he can share one file from his build of DR5 which also supported DOS apps!

Download the screenshot and a text file here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 4669843127

@johnlemon647, I think my friend also have the Tandy 2000 driver but he can't share it with you.

@Jerry056 Yes he can share us and any things he finds too.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New informations (and photos) on Windows 1.00 Pre-DR5 !        Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:52 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OltScript System
@Jerry056 I would like sincerely to see these drivers ! :P :beta:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: New informations (and photos) on Windows 1.00 Pre-DR5 !        Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:54 pm 
Donator

Didn't you get the memo, guys? There are no drivers.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New informations (and photos) on Windows 1.00 Pre-DR5 !        Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:56 pm 
FTP Access

Another reconstruction of a pre-DR5 build (the 04/84 build):

I have no idea what the taskbar would look like since it was cut off so it might differ a lot from the actual build. I did not put any apps on the taskbar because I don't know which ones were minimized.

The picture is way too blurry for fine details but below are things I noticed:
  • The resize cursor is different from the 1983-11-20 build
  • Time displayed in clock was different from the time shown in the status bar
  • The Spread Sheet window was all used up by the menu and there are no scroll bars
  • Text application is similar to the one in DR5 but it does not display the file name
  • There are dots for minutes on the clock just like DR5

Looking at the original photo, the left side and taskbar wasn't cut off by the video but covered up. Also to me it looks like it was a photo of a photo in magazine or similar promotional material on paper. As for the cursor not shown in the picture, isn't the rectangle with two lines the resize cursor?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New informations (and photos) on Windows 1.00 Pre-DR5 !        Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:55 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows for Workgroups 3.11
ComputerHunter wrote:
  • The Spread Sheet window was all used up by the menu and there are no scroll bars

I think that's the normal behaviour in many released versions of Windows (definitely Windows 3.x, and probably earlier versions too; but possibly also later versions, I just don't remember checking it).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: New informations (and photos) on Windows 1.00 Pre-DR5 !        Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:30 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 1.0 DR5
The Windows 1.00 Spreadsheet Application was in Windows 1.0 Comdex Builds to Windows 1.0 April 1984 Build was name Spreadsheet then change name into Windows Plan Science et Vie Micro Beta Build.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9