Microsoft won't give us windows 1.00

Discuss MS-DOS, Windows 1, 2 and 3.
Koptor
FTP Access

Post by Koptor »

moonlit wrote:
empireum wrote:Can we please stop that "I have Windows 1.00, sure!" stuff now?
QFE... I personally believe it's never going to be found (or that it possible didn't even exist), and people spewing out fakes left and right isn't gonna help anyone, it's just going to irritate people and if it ever does get found no-one's going to be interested. Let's just throw it in the same bit bucket as Neptune 5000 and be done with it.
Seconded. If someone has it, they're not going to release it to the public, because they know what it's worth.

I do believe it was actually a rule on OSBA to not post about this, but this was created by TEH SHAD when he was pissed off I do believe, lol.
lol, internet

beta4me

Post by beta4me »

Well I honestly don't know if what I have is or isn't 1.0, but I got it from somewhere that said it was. So if it's a fake we're no worse off and if it is the real thing then woot! for us all. If anyone wants it click here, and really I don't care what you rude people think...
Last edited by beta4me on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

beta4me, please ignore the stubborn people in this thread. They don't have any "hope" of finding Windows 1.00 which is why they are acting as they are.

We would love for you to post your copy so we can check it out, and your statement is correct, we won't be any worse off.

beta4me

Post by beta4me »

Just edited my post with a rapidshare link and thanks for the reassurance and support Andy

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Your copy is 1.03, so never mind. We have umpteen copies of this version

beta4me

Post by beta4me »

ohk, pity I couldn't be of further assistance, I'll delete it. Thanks Andy!

atomcomputer
FTP Access

Post by atomcomputer »

I think creating a validation and verification batch for Windows 1.0 could be funny. There is too many stupid build leaked as Windows 1.0 ... I've a real floppy with "Windows 1.0" from an IBM Box, but it's a 1.02 or 1.03 version in english....
"Do the best, with the less" ;-)

DORFD1
FTP Access

Post by DORFD1 »

4tified wrote:I'm so ready to say this is fake, yet a part of me wants to know for sure... Here we go..
thats a fake. Cga.lgo says 1.00 but that website says it is a fake. made by a person who used a hex editor to change all th 1.01s to 1.00.

Koptor
FTP Access

Post by Koptor »

atomcomputer wrote:I think creating a validation and verification batch for Windows 1.0 could be funny. There is too many stupid build leaked as Windows 1.0 ... I've a real floppy with "Windows 1.0" from an IBM Box, but it's a 1.02 or 1.03 version in english....
Technically, they're not lieing, since it is a version of "Windows 1.0", its not like they put "Windows 1.00" is it?
lol, internet

milatchi
Donator

Post by milatchi »

marktuson wrote: Hope nobody's too offended at me *dodges pitchforks*. Perhaps we could use it to wind some other people up???
Crucify him!
jlp09550 wrote:Oof, I wish I would have known that a month ago.. that ya'll were searching for that.. since I still has a Windows 1.00 system. It was genuine, indeed. Over 10 years old.. so I couldn't have used it.
Bollocks!
atomcomputer wrote:I think creating a validation and verification batch for Windows 1.0 could be funny. There is too many stupid build leaked as Windows 1.0 ... I've a real floppy with "Windows 1.0" from an IBM Box, but it's a 1.02 or 1.03 version in english....
Agreed.
IRIX enthusiast | OSBA refugee

Ludacris
Donator

Post by Ludacris »

FOUND IT!!
http://vetusware.com/download/Windows%201.0/?id=3511uploading it to the sillyp server....

Kenneth
Donator

Post by Kenneth »

thats Windows 1.03 not 1.00

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

@Ludacris

Yet again not true!:

Code: Select all

OGOéÆ 3ÀŽÀ  &¢  ÍË  P      @ ¸Microsoft Windows ![b]Version 1.03 [/b]Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation, 1985, 1986.  All Rights Reserved
Edit:
Before anyone post another one please check the CGALOGO.SYS with notepad.
Last edited by Rob Jansen on Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ludacris
Donator

Post by Ludacris »

damn....
what about 1.4? or 2.9??

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

1.4 is probably fake, and 2.9 is indeed fake.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

teriaki 511

Post by teriaki 511 »

i bet that Microsoft isn't ever going to give out the genuine windows 1.00 'cause:

a) that killer bug i keep hearing about thats in the system, i bet they're trying to avoid this senario "OMG, i gotz ur windows 1.0 andz install it on my compy and it died!!!! im gonna sue ur sorrie arse!!!!!11!!11!!1111!oneoneeleven!!!"

2)its been years since it debuted, they probubly destroyed the last consumer copies years ago (but they might still have the equivilent to a master disk lying around...i dunno)

the best chance of finding it is to search flea markets, garage sales, and (dun-dun-DUN!) Ebay in my opinion.... im searching for it too so if by the extremely remote, almost impossible chance that i find it, ill upload it.

asiekierka
FTP Access

Post by asiekierka »

We can make a fake Windows 1.00 contest .

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

asiekierka wrote:We can make a fake Windows 1.00 contest .
Oh no, please...

edit: Fixed the quote.

teriaki 511
FTP Access

Post by teriaki 511 »

how about instead of a fake windows 1.00 contest, try a "find the real windows 1.00" contest? i'd be like finding a needle in a haystack...

AnDrEwP182
FTP Access

Post by AnDrEwP182 »

No, more like finding a vegan at the International Meat Convention (that isn't picketing)

Frozenport
FTP Access
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

teriaki 511 wrote::idea: how about instead of a fake windows 1.00 contest, try a "find the real windows 1.00" contest? i'd be like finding a needle in a haystack...
How about a contest for comical analogies?
Here is my shot:

Finding Windows 1.00 is like finding Jesus...
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart

hjort
FTP Access

Post by hjort »

Finding Windows 1.00 is like finding real meat in a Big Mac

Finding Windows 1.00 is like finding a AMD CPU in a Mac

Finding Windows 1.00 is like using NTFS on a 8" floppy disk

Finding Windows 1.00 is like installing Windows Vista on a Commodore 64

OT: My sister said this to me the last day "Does the "64" in Commodore 64 means 64 bit CPU?"
My gaming machine: AST Advantage 6066d. Cyrix 66MHz 486DX. 4MB RAM. 512KB Cirrus Logic onboard graphics. Creativa Vibra 16 ISA. 520MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 40x CD-ROM. MS-DOS 6.22/Windows 3.1

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

I am sure some day we will get Windows Version 1.00, who knows when?

Will there be a big announcement when we finally get it?

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

hypr wrote:I am sure some day we will get Windows Version 1.00, who knows when?

Of course there'll be an announcement – if the copy we find is indeed real. Thus, we need a sure way to verify that. (Or we need to know in which way 1.00 differs from 1.01, that capital bug, for example).

ppc_digger
Donator

Post by ppc_digger »

empireum wrote:
hypr wrote:I am sure some day we will get Windows Version 1.00, who knows when?

Of course there'll be an announcement – if the copy we find is indeed real. Thus, we need a sure way to verify that. (Or we need to know in which way 1.00 differs from 1.01, that capital bug, for example).
I'd assume it's something major, yet hard to replicate (otherwise it would have been detected before the launch).

Another theory is that 1.00 never existed in the first place, and Windows started at 1.01.