BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 52d, 15h, 20m | CPU: 46% | MEM: 5673MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Your favourite author?        Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:33 am 
Donator

Hello, I'd like to know who's your favourite author (books, stories, poems, etc.)? For me, this is an easy decision:

Edgar Allan Poe

I've been knowing and reading him since I was 13-14 and I absolutely love him. For me, there's absolutely noone that can be compared to him and his unique style.

"And when are you going to change your mind?" – Thus quoth I, "Nevermore."

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:27 am 
FTP Access

Favourite author?
I really don't have one... I just like reading any books on the bestseller list unless there is extremely extreme mature subject matter. Looking at my collection the author I have the most books of is Dan Brown... just like (I assume) most people. Coming in second is Vince Flynn.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Your favourite author?        Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:55 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
empireum wrote:
Hello, I'd like to know who's your favourite author (books, stories, poems, etc.)? For me, this is an easy decision:

Edgar Allan Poe

I've been knowing and reading him since I was 13-14 and I absolutely love him. For me, there's absolutely noone that can be compared to him and his unique style.

"And when are you going to change your mind?" – Thus quoth I, "Nevermore."

POE!!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:03 am 
FTP Access

Unfortunately I rarely read these days but the author I always think of when someone asks this question is Jerome K. Jerome, very humerous writer from around the turn of the last century if memory serves... I *think* you can check out some of his stuff at the Gutenberg Project in 'ebook' (plain text) format. "Idle Thoughts of an Idle Fellow" and "Second Thoughts of an Idle Fellow" are both very good.

I even found some java thing for my mobile phone that let me take those with me wherever I went, but it's a heck of a pain reading real books on a screen that small...

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]