BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 49d, 8h, 39m | CPU: 30% | MEM: 6608MB of 11333MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: The cleverer give in. Aparrently not.        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:22 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
The cleverer give in.

Everyone knows this saying, but why doesn't apply it for the internet?

In the past few days we had a lot of aggressive posts here on BA. I am wondering why.
Why can't people just behave mature and respect each other? I am not saying you have
to like every member, but you can respect everyone.

If you are annoyed at someone, ignore him -- there is a reason phpBB has a "add fiend/
add foe"-feature. Why do you have to bitch about someone you don't like instead of
proving maturity and ignoring the individual? This creates a bad mood for everyone here
on the forums. And it makes a "mods life" harder. I am really pissed off when reading
posts like "I bet there wont be much left after the mods cleaned up this topic". Is this
some kind of a game for you, a game how much rubbish you can post until you get warned
or banned or a thread gets deleted?

C'mon guys, this is a discussion board, not a flame board. We are here to discuss betas
and computer-related stuff, not to fight against each other...

Daniel

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The cleverer give in. Aparrently not.        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:36 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Yes daniel, I concur!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The cleverer give in. Aparrently not.        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:08 pm 
Donator

Daniel wrote:

Anonymity.
People are hiding behind a keyboard, not seeing the other person face2face, they feel powerful and in control.

Plus if staff want this to change, they should also play a part, I can easily get warned for bitching and moaning yet others seem to get away with utter crap in 600 posts

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The cleverer give in. Aparrently not.        Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:12 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
Daniel wrote:
The cleverer give in.

In the past few days we had a lot of aggressive posts here on BA. I am wondering why.
Why can't people just behave mature and respect each other? I am not saying you have
to like every member, but you can respect everyone.

I think the why is not always worth figuring out. We may find out 'why', but the real reason behind all this may never be known.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The cleverer give in. Aparrently not.        Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:20 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
The cleverer give in.
Those who are clever and have a hint of foresight don't get involved in the first place.

If you don't like someone because they post crap, don't let them drag you down to their level by getting involved in a flamewar.

Top  Profile  WWW