BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 7h, 30m | CPU: 37% | MEM: 5430MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Intel DP35DP Motherboard Troubles        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:23 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with my Intel DP35DP Motherboard. I'm running the latest BIOS version, and it seems I can't boot into any non-x64 disc - as in, the only discs I can boot into are Windows 7 x64, Windows Vista x64, and Windows XP x64. (That I've tried.) I've been trying many others, such as distros of Linux, WinFLP, 5048, 4074, and I can't boot into any of them - runs right past them.
I'm running my drive config under IDE mode, as that's the only mode I could get operating systems to install under. When I switch it to ACHI mode, the discs will boot, but will crash before making it to the installer.
Anybody know what the issue could be? It's driving me mad. Thanks!
EDIT: It's now denying to boot from absolute any DVD. What in the world?

Last edited by Derf on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Intel DP35DP Motherboard Troubles        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:26 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Please provide a spec for your computer.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Intel DP35DP Motherboard Troubles        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:27 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Day2Die wrote:

Erm... Intel DP35DP Motherboard. I've got a SATA DVD drive, and an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 running stock, with 6GB of DDR2 RAM.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Intel DP35DP Motherboard Troubles        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:22 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Derf wrote:
Day2Die wrote:

Erm... Intel DP35DP Motherboard. I've got a SATA DVD drive, and an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 running stock, with 6GB of DDR2 RAM.

I would try a dual channel memory to see if that helps. Also, what memory are you using. More often than not, it is memory issue with the motherboard.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Intel DP35DP Motherboard Troubles        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:44 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Day2Die wrote:
Derf wrote:
Day2Die wrote:

I would try a dual channel memory to see if that helps. Also, what memory are you using. More often than not, it is memory issue with the motherboard.

It is dual channel. I've got two 1GBs running in dual, and two 2GBs running in dual. And it wouldn't be the RAM - I added the RAM in November, this issue only started happening very recently.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Intel DP35DP Motherboard Troubles        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:05 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Derf wrote:
Day2Die wrote:
Derf wrote:
Day2Die wrote:

It is dual channel. I've got two 1GBs running in dual, and two 2GBs running in dual. And it wouldn't be the RAM - I added the RAM in November, this issue only started happening very recently.

Oh, I though this is a new motherboard. I think you should sent it in for a replacement.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Intel DP35DP Motherboard Troubles        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:17 am 
Donator

Could be the DVD rom at fault not the motherboard

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Intel DP35DP Motherboard Troubles        Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:12 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Turns out UEFI on many Intel motherboards is severely broken - no matter what you have it set for, it won't turn off, and refuses to allow you to boot off of anything but the Windows Boot Loader. Wiping the hard drive t oget rid of the boot loader fixed it, though. :)

Top  Profile  WWW