Exposed: Repair Shops Hack Your Laptops

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

If you were to fix a hot girl's computer, would you view photos in her computer?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 49

monkey56657

Re: Exposed: Repair Shops Hack Your Laptops

Post by monkey56657 »

Looking through a girls files is just like looking through her purse. It's morally very wrong but in most occasions not much is done as punishment.

LackingBetterName
FTP Access

Post by LackingBetterName »

This really is not much of a surprise to me. I always had a hunch that repair shops wouldn't stay on task and look through personal files and maybe steal some information while they're at it. Still disturbing and annoying, there really aren't many trustworthy people out there these days. It would be difficult for something like this to be cracked down on as well.

tonev

Post by tonev »

That's why when somethings is wrong first i try to fix it myself then if it has to go to a repair i either format the HDD and backup all my data or even removing the hdd

The Distractor

Post by The Distractor »

Awesome wrote:I constantly fix the PCs in school because a lot of them are defective.
I used to help people in school so much i got told not to help them !!

msr

Post by msr »

This is why i 000 out my hard drive 50 times before selling.

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

msr wrote:This is why i 000 out my hard drive 50 times before selling.
50 times is overkill, 7 is enough.
Also, 000 the harddrive of 1tb 50 times would take about a week of more.

Also when school's sell the PC's they should remove the harddrive, get an Pickaxe or Hammer (or the asus repair kit ) and destroy the harddrive, far more quicker then 000 harddrives and much more fun

Kenneth
Donator

Post by Kenneth »

The Distractor wrote:
Awesome wrote:I constantly fix the PCs in school because a lot of them are defective.
I used to help people in school so much i got told not to help them !!
I also do that, people are somewhat illiterate in my school, they ask me how to make a Text box in Word '03.

monkey56657

Post by monkey56657 »

Really if you store really private data in plain form you are asking for trouble. Anything like bank details should be encrypted.. Then you can maybe reduce that number of 50/7 to 1 or 2. Really all my laptop's data. The only data on my laptop I would be concerned about is perhaps firefox cookies. Cookies can allow the login to sites maybe.. I don't store the passwords though.

Marcello
Donator

Post by Marcello »

monkey56657 wrote:Really if you store really private data in plain form you are asking for trouble. Anything like bank details should be encrypted.. Then you can maybe reduce that number of 50/7 to 1 or 2. Really all my laptop's data. The only data on my laptop I would be concerned about is perhaps firefox cookies. Cookies can allow the login to sites maybe.. I don't store the passwords though.
If people store passwords to anything, people who have direct access to the computer and have a bad intent could easily retrieve passwords from Firefox, IE, Chrome WLM, Outlook, Thunderbird, and a lot of other programs. And if the password to your email is discovered, anyone who has it may change the password or log in to pretty much any Internet account (Facebook, a forum, etc...)

ReCreate
FTP Access

Post by ReCreate »

That is why i repair my computers myself
Oy m8 i forgot this forum existed lmao let me fix this signature real quick

PTL
FTP Access

Post by PTL »

I keep anything remotely incriminating (Betas/RTMs, Abandonware, that's about it) on my external hard drive.

Wh1stler

Post by Wh1stler »

Recently replaced malfunctioning hard drive for my long time friend - a very hot girl - and found her naked pictures with boobies when salvaging data from failing drive. Damn, she is so cute, I'm again fully in love with her!

Already taked steps to not leak them. People just need to use whole disc encryption and trust noone. TrueCrypt is must have for any Windows user, DiskCryptor is also good.