BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 53d, 15h, 44m | CPU: 96% | MEM: 6158MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Mozilla Firefox 3.7 concept design        Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:24 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Apparently, Mozilla already plan to add transparency to Firefox, similar to the Glasser add-on.

Concept images: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/3.7_Windows_Theme_Mockups

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Mozilla Firefox 3.7 concept design        Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:41 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
That looks awesome, but I can't help but think you get a lot less room for viewing the actual web page - the content - than Google Chrome, or Safari. As long as they keep the "Use Small Icons" checkbox, though, it should help a lot.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Mozilla Firefox 3.7 concept design        Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:52 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Derf wrote:
That looks awesome, but I can't help but think you get a lot less room for viewing the actual web page - the content - than Google Chrome, or Safari. As long as they keep the "Use Small Icons" checkbox, though, it should help a lot.

If you need more room in Firefox, simply unchecked Bookmarks Toolbar
Well, In chrome and safari, the file menu doesn't show up and I use it very often.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Mozilla Firefox 3.7 concept design        Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:07 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Day2Die wrote:
Derf wrote:

Well, In chrome and safari, the file menu doesn't show up and I use it very often.

Oh, I was referring to this mockup. There is no bookmark bar showing in this mockup, and it still takes up more room than any of the other browsers these days do, with the exception of IE8.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Mozilla Firefox 3.7 concept design        Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:47 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Derf wrote:
Day2Die wrote:
Derf wrote:

Oh, I was referring to this mockup. There is no bookmark bar showing in this mockup, and it still takes up more room than any of the other browsers these days do, with the exception of IE8.

You are right, I hope they fix it before it is release. I totally agree with you and I know that a lot of people out there agree with us. It will most likely get fix before an actual release.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Mozilla Firefox 3.7 concept design        Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:06 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really psyched for this. Firefox is leaps and bounds ahead of most other browsers.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Mozilla Firefox 3.7 concept design        Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:00 pm 
FTP Access

pcgf340 wrote:
Firefox is leaps and bounds ahead of most other browsers.

Well, except it's not. Horses for courses though. As for the mockup, well it looks like IE8, which looks like a turd, why would you want to make FF look like a turd? Not that it looks all that great anyway, but you get the point. Safari, Chrome, Opera all look better IMO.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Mozilla Firefox 3.7 concept design        Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 (7600)
..Looks great, but I don't think that it is really imporatant. The main objective of developers must be a creating of the fastest browser, not the prettiest.

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: Mozilla Firefox 3.7 concept design        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:35 am 
Donator

Looks like the lovechild of Chrome and IE, and like Derf pointed out, not exactly slimline, worrying for smaller monitors...

And no, Firefox does not leap and bound, Firefox with Adblock Plus and several other addons essential for day to day use come out on top, but add a good addblocker and download manager to any other browser and Firefox is no better, worse even, takes longer to start up and uses alot more Ram.

Top  Profile