BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 7h, 40m | CPU: 40% | MEM: 5388MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Express Gate issues        Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:41 pm 
FTP Access

Recently I've bought new motherboard - Asus P5QL Pro. One of its features is widely advertised Express Gate, that is pre-installed Linux environment with Internet Browser, Skype and so on. I'm trying to run it, however I can't :) I've installed Express Gate from Asus DVD to Windows (there were some issues, Asus doesn't support Windows 7, compatible mode for Vista SP2 made it), then rebooted my PC. After a few seconds Express Gate screen appeared. I chose Web, then I had to configure the thing, first language (I understand lack of Polish language, but why no Polish keyboard?), then license agreement, and then time zone. Afterwards I clicked Finish, and that's all. I was shown Asus Express Gate powered by Splashtop screen and then the display screen went black. I waited 20 minutes but nothing happened. As I rebooted the PC and chose Web again, I was requested to do configuration again, and again the same result. When I choose e.g. Skype it's the same. What do I do to fix it? Might it be the issue of unsupported operating system? After all, Vista drivers were to be compatible with 7's.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Express Gate issues        Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:01 pm 
FTP Access

Sounds like a possible graphics issue, as in its trying to boot to a resolution your monitor or card doesn't support. I've had similar issues with some distros and it usually requires adding some command to the kernel options when booting, but you might not have that option.

Check this out and see if its what you need;

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthre ... =SplashTop

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Express Gate issues        Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:26 am 
FTP Access

OG wrote:
Sounds like a possible graphics issue, as in its trying to boot to a resolution your monitor or card doesn't support. I've had similar issues with some distros and it usually requires adding some command to the kernel options when booting, but you might not have that option.

Check this out and see if its what you need;

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthre ... =SplashTop

Thanks, after all somone's answered :) But I don't think it's unsupported resolution. My card supports up to 2048x1536 (that's what I've run on my monitor, maybe it supports more) and my monitor must support that resolution at least (or bigger one). I have CRT display screen, it's not unadaptable LCD monitor :P And Express Gate supports up to 1440x1050.
PS If it's helpful, my GPU is Geforce 7600GT.

Top  Profile