BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 20d, 17h, 20m | CPU: 10% | MEM: 5860MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:01 pm 
Donator

*drumroll* the dentist?

I had quite a few bad experiences when I was 4 or 5 and the school I went to had a dental clinic on site and a dentist who was willing to drag you out of class and do stuff even when parents were complaining about this.

Me, I need a couple of cavities filled now and tbh its absolutely terrifying, lol :S

I'm sure I'm not the only one?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:11 pm 
Donator

I had a few fillings done recently, not as bad as I thought it'd be (never been to the dentist before)

How come you got a dental clinic at school? Most I got was a wooden stick and a light stuck in my mouth after a hearing test and before a sight test.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:36 pm 
Donator

J.Byrne wrote:
How come you got a dental clinic at school? Most I got was a wooden stick and a light stuck in my mouth after a hearing test and before a sight test.

Here dental care for persons under 18 is usually done at these types of dentists, one school would have a dental clinic covering a number of schools.

Plus if your parent/caregiver/whatever recieves government benefits treatment is usually free

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:12 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows for Workgroups 3.11
i've been going to the dentist regularly for as long as i can remember, but i've never had a cavity/filling. however, i've had teeth pulled (which wasn't fun) and had braces for a few years.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:32 am 
FTP Access

I don't hate dentists. In fact, my dentist (more of orthodontist) is a relative of mine. Although having your teeth pulled out is painful, I've never had any bad experiences with her.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:46 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
I have a really bad gag reflex, so yeah, dentist = not fun, especially for the dentist.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:55 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Funny thing is, I read this topic just as I was being driven home from the dentist, heh. Yeah, I hate the dentist - I tend to be very... drooly, I guess you could say, at the dentist.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:34 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
I hate my dentist, he's a cretin. I made an appointment to get braces, and he said he'd phone me back in two weeks. That was ten years ago, nearly, and I never got that call. Apparently I got it in about 2003, but I don't remember that at all. Now I'm a [i]persona non grata[/a] at that surgery, so I don't bother with them.

But my teeth are in good health anyway, so I don't really bother with the dentist anyway.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
this made me remember that I'm going to the dentist in a couple of weeks

At least i'm going to a new dentist who hopefully is better than the last denist who was rushed and a bit rough in giving a gum injection

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:19 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I've never had bad teeth before so I can't comment much, but I did have some molar paste stuff about 6 years ago which is supposed to help strengthen them, and most kids that age had it done apparently. Tasted like crap! My mum gave me the choice, chocolate bar or a drink... I chose the drink :P Bad choice, since I hadn't had chocolate in ages!

I haven't been to the dentist in about 4 years now, my teeth have been perfect my whole life up to now. The front are slightly crooked and they could be fixed with braces but I'll be damned if I am going to have those. They're unsightly, and I can live with a slightly crooked set of teeth... You don't even notice unless you're up close and really look anyway so who the hell cares? :)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:55 am 
Donator

ugggggg....................

I HATE the dentist. I have awful teeth (I get it from both my parents.) and my last dentist was extremely corrupt. He did not fully fill a cavity on purpose just to give me a root canal!. He also was prepared to give my little brother a crown when he just needed a filling. My current dentist is very nice though

and for any other teens on this fourm, Laughing Gas does not make you laugh, and second it is actually quite hard to laugh because it numbs your whole body, especially your jaw. At the end, you will feel like every part of your body was asleep.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:27 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows for Workgroups 3.11
user99672 wrote:
and for any other teens on this fourm, Laughing Gas does not make you laugh, and second it is actually quite hard to laugh because it numbs your whole body, especially your jaw. At the end, you will feel like every part of your body was asleep.

When I had laughing gas to get my teeth pulled it was weird... my whole body started feeling fuzzy, and I could really hear/feel my heartbeat in my whole body. Also, my vision got sparkly/fuzzy like it does before I pass out. It was just weird in general.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:35 am 
Donator

That too.. nickenzi, that as well

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:07 pm 
FTP Access

I dont mind the dentist much, I sortof dont understand why pulling teeth out hurts as long as they give you a proper injection its fine, was a bit weird when the dentist not my normal one would have to count teeth cause when i had teeth taken out before he just knew which one.

Ive had quite a few fillings, and braces and root canal and 4 teeth taken out, and had to have surgery to take out wisdom teeth, hmm that sounds pretty bad doesnt it

but i have a good dentist, the most painful thing at the dentist was when having root canal i got a sore head from the chair.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:08 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Maemo 5 PR1.3
nickenzi wrote:
user99672 wrote:

When I had laughing gas to get my teeth pulled it was weird... my whole body started feeling fuzzy, and I could really hear/feel my heartbeat in my whole body. Also, my vision got sparkly/fuzzy like it does before I pass out. It was just weird in general.

IIRC, I never had to use the gas when I had my teeth pulled. Just anesthesia, and it feels numb 3 minutes later. No sleeping :)
Offtopic Comment
Wearing retainers sucks. Especially when you have a girlfriend.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:10 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Laughing gas is very weird stuff. It completely makes you forget about the pain unless its REALLY bad (I had it really bad a few times while using it, so it doesn't stop everything), and makes you feel like sleeping, but you're still aware of your surroundings. I was talking to the nurses while I was using it (I won't go into details about what I was having done), and I can still remember all of the stuff that happened.

Put simply, it makes you feel fuzzy and sleepy, but still aware of everything. The worst part I remember is how dry it makes your mouth while breathing it.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:03 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I don't pick favorites.
I know a dude who's dentist's workers accidently were giving him too much nitrous oxide, and he was about to pass out, but then after they left the room, they came back, and turned it down. Sound's like a pretty close call.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:37 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
MS DOS 7.1
Oh god,
It has been awhile since my last trip (My teeth where kind off.... I am not going to get into it) and I hated it, the foamy [censored] that they sprayed into my mouth tasted like crap, I was SO relieved when they gave me the Fluoride, at least that tasted half good!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:55 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
My teeth are all [beep'd] up from soft drinks. It's sure gonna be a fun visit later this year 8-)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm 
Donator

Me and my dentist tend to have a fight to the death over who gets the drill...unfortunately, the nurses can be unbelievably strong when you spend 16 hours a day sitting in front of a computer. But I fight to the last! I still have my tongue!

No, seriously, I hate dentists. Something about the complete sterility of the environment and his cold, latex wrapped hands freaks me out...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:25 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT 5.1
hated free dentists for school, they always sucked, never cared for students...
then years later went to private one 3 streets away of my home
hes expencive but damn good and proffessional

if had money, would fix my whole mouth at him :)
if...

RIP Josh Exley

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:48 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I don't pick favorites.
You're supposed to go every 6 months, of course, I do, because, even though they say I brush well, when they get out that metal thing and start grinding it against my teeth, a lot of tartar comes off.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:01 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT 5.1
brishing doesnt always help
i used to brush so much that i became addicted to it
and wore out teeth "shell" (dunno the word on it on EN)
and also had piles of that stones no matter how much i brushed

the only cure against that was and still is to take metal pick
and scrub it off with it

RIP Josh Exley

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:21 am 
Donator

shell=enamel

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Who here absolutely hates...        Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:44 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Neptune\7(Full)
Braces suck.
Period.
So yes, I hate the dentist.

Top  Profile