BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 17h, 46m | CPU: 7% | MEM: 5618MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:09 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
What a fun afternoon! Me and my mate Tom spent a few hours this afternoon exploring the hills round where I live in the XLdt. We were out for about 30 minutes and doing so well until we came across quite a turbulent piece of ground full of muddy puddles. We tried to navigate around them, and we did well to a point, and then this happened...

We tried for 30 minutes to get the car out. Rocking, big leaves, digging the mud out... We even destroyed my mates camping mattress to shove under the wheels to help with the grip and even that didn't work. After much agonised screaming, shouting and cursing, we realised the car was bottomed out on the front right wishbone, so we gave up and went to seek help. We walked for 10 minutes to a nearby farmers house and kindly asked for some help. He was reluctant because last time he helped someone he got stuck as well and it cost him £60 to get a rescue truck to pull him out.

Anyway, he said yes since we assured him we weren't too far in to get his car stuck. He pulled us out with ease and charged us a mere £10 for the privilege. Still, he was a really nice guy and we laughed it off. He also pointed out the sign that says "All vehicles prohibited beyond this point" on the way back, but the sign was an A4 piece of paper in size 10 font! No wonder we missed it!

Ah well, a fun afternoon. Here is what she looked like before we got her stuck...

After this, we went to the local garage where I used to work to get a car wash (for free I might add, thanks [insert cashier name here]! On the way everyone was staring at the car because it was so dirty! I just laughed. :)

Fun times.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:13 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
i don't think that car was designed for mudding =P
#1 rule when you see alot of mud ahead: GUN IT!

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:24 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
OMG! All the mud on the car! :o

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:02 am 
Donator

pizzaboy192 wrote:

In a car like that, it really wouldn't have helped.

Andy, I don't get your license plate, what's it supposed to mean?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:10 am 
Donator

J.Byrne wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote:

The P must stand for something or it could be random letters
Here in SA we used to have something like Rxx-xxx (letters-numbers) to Xxx-xxx but then we basically ran out of our allocation so we have S123 ABC

You get the point :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:15 am 
Donator

Similar thing here, we had AAA-000, ran out, now its AA-00-AA

Is it pityful?, P-2-4 kinda sounds like pityful if you say it right...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:56 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Similar here also.

we had: AA-AA-00, 00-AA-AA, AA-00-AA take you're pick
and we now got - 00-AAA-0

But europian country also got the european flag on it with there country code under it.
NL for me.

The crime has gone up when the borders with the east europian country's are open.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:58 am 
Donator

Eh used to be AAA-000 for all states until they ran out of their allocation and made their own, we have SB-00-AA for heavy vechiles now

BACK ON TOPIC... my station wagon could probably just make it through that mud if I were to take pizzaboys advice... but not that thing :|

Question, how do you fit in that? :/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:50 am 
Donator

Easy, you just put the seat so far back it crushes the legs of the person behind you.

Source: 1989 Ford Laser.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:48 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
J.Byrne wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote:

Actually, gunning it would have helped but I stopped - big mistake. We actually got stuck twice but got out the first time just 2 meters forward from where I got stuck the 2nd time. We slipped into that hole when I stopped.

P is the year the car was made, in this case 1998. 114 is random, AUY is generally area specific but not always. The new number plates are NX09 ABC for example and the NX is area specific, the 09 is the year and the ABC is random. When the year is 59 its the second half of the year, where as 09 is the first half.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:55 am 
Donator

Aah, I thought it was some sort of personalised liscense plate...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: You reckon we'll get through that? Nope, I got stuck!        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:02 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
J.Byrne wrote:
Aah, I thought it was some sort of personalised liscense plate...

No, numberplate's always follow these rules:

L = letter
N = number
() = anything inside brackets may or may not be present

LN(NN) LLL
or
LLNN LLL

Anything else is personalised.

Top  Profile  WWW