BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 0h, 34m | CPU: 21% | MEM: 5650MB of 11102MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Toshiba Bios password problem        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:21 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Vista SP2
Hi

I had recently purchased a toshiba 2590 cdt at an online auction for $50. But when i booted it up after showing a toshiba sign it asks for a password. I have tried various backdoor passwords but none worked. Could you please help me?
The specifications are: 400MHZ Celeron CPU, 192mb sdram (maximmum ram installed), cdrom/floppy drive,6.4 gig hd,unknown os.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Toshiba Bios password problem        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:32 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS X 10.5.8
You need to take out motherboard battery.
When you took it out all bios settings will be lost. And password will be deleted.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Toshiba Bios password problem        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:12 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Vista SP2
I have already tried that. I had left it out for 2 whole days and it still asked for a password.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Toshiba Bios password problem        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:49 pm 
Donator

Is this a laptop? If so, there are two batteries you need to remove, one is the large laptop batter and the other is a small battery that saves the BIOS information/password. You'll also need to remove the power cord, and it helps to press the power button down for four seconds or so. You won't need to wait any longer, at this point you can plug everything back in.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Toshiba Bios password problem        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:44 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Vista SP2
I tried that today but it still prompted me for a password.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Toshiba Bios password problem        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:48 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune Build 5111
i seam to remember a dongle that pluged in via the parrell ports on DELL laptops that reset bios password , maybe toshiba has some thing like this ?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Toshiba Bios password problem        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:00 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Vista SP2
I haven't heard of a dongle for toshiba laptops but maybe there is i'll check. Any way today i decided to explore my laptop more in depth and i found out that there was no hard drive installed. I am going to buy a hdd off ebay but i was wondering if the laptop was asking for a password because it has no hdd or because of the bios?

Top  Profile