BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 2h, 33m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 6156MB of 11359MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:22 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
First Edition UNIX
Who'se going to watch the new film?

And who's going to pick it apart after watching it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:41 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I will. I can't even remember how the story went for this one, its been a long time since I read the book, so it will be a nice watch I think.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:52 pm 
FTP Access

I am definitely. Sixth part is my favorite one :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:07 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune & Longhorn
I am going to watch it. And later going to buy it. I really like the stories. The movies seem to improve every time.

I already have the game. I really liked it, it looks good, but the problem is that i finished the story in a few hours :(

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:05 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
I am definitely going to watch it :) (The leaked trailer that i watched ages ago made me want to watch it even more :D)

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:39 pm 
Donator

I will watch it. I haven't got the game since the chamber of secrets so I may buy a Harry Potter game for the first time in like 7 years.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:51 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Got tickets to a pre-showng on Tuesday, but can't wait. :D I'm OBSESSED with the Hardy Potter series, read every book multiple times, but GoF eight times. HBP wasn't bad, not my favorite, not the worst. :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:43 pm 
Donator

I will see it eventually, I read all the books so it will be good to see how it looks in a movie.

oh yeah, it comes out of my birthday <:o)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:16 am 
Donator

Maybe. I comlpletely lost track of the series a few years ago.

Offtopic Comment
Saw Bruno yesterday - definetly wouldn't let anyone under 15 see that O_O

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:39 am 
Donator

happy dude wrote:
Offtopic Comment
Saw Bruno yesterday - definetly wouldn't let anyone under 15 see that O_O

haha I saw that last week as well, great laughs

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:52 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
I will see it eventually, though it has been two years ago since I have last read the books. Half-Blood Prince is easily one of my favorites, with the Order of the Phoenix coming closely after it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:15 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
XP
I'm definitely seeing it this weekend :)
I remember reading the Harry Potter books in grade school so I can't wait to see it brought to the silver screen.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:01 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
I won't.Because I'm very poor and H.P. seems not interest me after friction series end. :(

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:44 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows Seven
I'll be going to see it! I like how they have added a darker feel to the more recent movies.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:42 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
I am going to see. But I didn't like the last two ones

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:19 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
My Cousin and Sister (who have been diehard Harry Potter fans since the first book came) say that the movie sucked compared to the book. My sister says instead of focusing on the horcruxes (+dumbledore and harry, which leads into #7), they focus on Hermoine, Ron, Harry and Ginny's friendship and that [censored]. The movie is bad. I suggest watching Up or Transformers.

470 posts! :D, 30 more till 500!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:49 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
James wrote:
My Cousin and Sister (who have been diehard Harry Potter fans since the first book came) say that the movie sucked compared to the book. My sister says instead of focusing on the horcruxes (+dumbledore and harry, which leads into #7), they focus on Hermoine, Ron, Harry and Ginny's friendship and that [censored]. The movie is bad. I suggest watching Up or Transformers.

I disagree, I'm a diehard Harry Potter fan, read all the books, and I thought the movie was amazing. It didn't follow the book perfectly, but I've grown out of that and realized they're entirely different mediums. It is, by far, in my opinion, the best of the movies yet. I really enjoyed it, and I thought they set up the movie perfectly.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:49 am 
The casting was great for this movie, just like in Order of the Phoenix. :)
I was glad that HBP (my least favorite book) became one of my favorite HP movies.
I wish the GoF movie had been better- I hated it, but I thought the book was excellent. :(

PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:42 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 (7600)
I liked only the first two parts of Harry Potter. The next parts are to ripped... well, there's nothing strange about it - it's impossible to fit 400 page book into a 2 hour movie. But I will watch the sixth part anyway..

Last edited by MrTasty on Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:54 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
W7x64, OSX
The movie was indeed, excellent, though I did notice that multiple things from the book were excluded.

Fun fact: HP7 will be in two parts. I.E... HP7:1 and HP7:2.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:40 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 (7600)
By the way, the release date of the first part of HP and the Deathly Hallows is 19th of November 2010. The second part will be realesed on 15th of July 2011.

Top  Profile  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:45 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
James wrote:

Yeah, I saw it with some friends the night it premiered. It sucked,there was no story, just the relationship of the friends.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:37 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0
I saw it, wasn't that great...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:18 am 
I stopped watching/reading anything Harry Potter related after the first movie came out. It wrecked the series for me.

PostPost subject: Re: So, Harry Potter, anyone?        Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:33 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 5.2 [Fusion Proj]; Win 7
I have the last book, but didn't get to read it :( I have no time. I'm required to read other books by school now.

I really don't like the movies too much though.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next