BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 53d, 16h, 25m | CPU: 17% | MEM: 6163MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: SOLVED! Compaq Armada m700 Bios password Removal        Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:55 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
I purchased 3 Compaq Armada m700 laptops in "working" condition a few days ago, only to find that I got shafted pretty badly. All 3 have a BIOS password on them, either locking me out of the BIOS (which means I can't change anything) or a PowerOn Password (Which means that I can't boot anything either)
I Need a way to remove both, seeing as I want to use these laptops for different things, and would definately need the passwords gone.

Offtopic Comment
on another note, if anyone here is named "Eric LeFebvre" please tell me your password to your laptop

Last edited by pizzaboy192 on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Compaq Armada m700 Bios password Removal        Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:11 am 
Donator

Remove cmos batterys and hopefully they are old enough to be just out of the hard coded password (it isn't stored in the cmos but is flashed to a chip.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Compaq Armada m700 Bios password Removal        Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:15 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
there is this site here: http://unlockalllaptopbios.blogspot.com/

they claim they can give you the master key for any model laptop (but it does cost money) you probably don't want to do that but....

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Compaq Armada m700 Bios password Removal        Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:32 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
after much googling, and a few hours of sitting hoping that leaving the CMOS batteries unplugged (and a few minutes trying to locate where to unplug them) I have discovered that I need the AC adapter to remove an ANTI-THEFT device inside the machines. Apparantly Compaq installed a nifty little thing where it will ask you for a power-on password after a certain ammount of time without battery power. (or so Google and Compaq's support forums say). So, I tested it with my docking station (no luck), and am now waiting till sunday when I can "borrow" my power adapter from my Girlfriend and reset the passwords (hopefully)
In the meant time, I have one working one, one with a locked BIOS (can boot, will try Boot-N-Nuke or KillCMOS) and one that is locked down)
These machines are suprisingly easy to come by on EBAY too, $72.50 for 3 with shipping (just over 20LBS)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Compaq Armada m700 Bios password Removal        Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:10 am 
A. By Using the Motherboard Jumper:

In most motherboards CMOS battery is soldered, which makes it difficult to remove the battery. In this case we use another method.

Almost all motherboards contain a jumper that can clear all CMOS settings along with the BIOS password. The location of this jumper varies depending upon the motherboard brand. You should read your motherboard manual to check its location. If you don't have the manual then look for the jumpers near the CMOS battery. Most of the manufacturer label the jumper as CLR, CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, etc.

When you find the jumper, look carefully. There will be 3 pins and the jumper will be joining the center pin to either left or right pin. What you need to do, is remove the jumper and join the center pin to the opposite pin. e.g. if the jumper joins center pin to left pin, then remove it and join center pin to right pin. Now wait for a few seconds and then again remove the jumper and join the center pin to left pin.

Make sure to turn the PC off before opening the cabinet and resetting the jumper.

B. By Using Software:

I have found that BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is a program that works instantly to remove any lost or forgotten BIOS/CMOS password. Simply boot your PC to DOS and execute the program, and get access to forgotten BIOS/CMOS passwords in just seconds

BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool Service: http://www.biospasswordrecovery.com/

PostPost subject: Re: Compaq Armada m700 Bios password Removal        Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:19 pm 
FTP Access

I found spotmau 2008 to be very good

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Compaq Armada m700 Bios password Removal        Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:23 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
jhone wrote:
A. By Using the Motherboard Jumper:

In most motherboards CMOS battery is soldered, which makes it difficult to remove the battery. In this case we use another method.

Almost all motherboards contain a jumper that can clear all CMOS settings along with the BIOS password. The location of this jumper varies depending upon the motherboard brand. You should read your motherboard manual to check its location. If you don't have the manual then look for the jumpers near the CMOS battery. Most of the manufacturer label the jumper as CLR, CLEAR, CLEAR CMOS, etc.

When you find the jumper, look carefully. There will be 3 pins and the jumper will be joining the center pin to either left or right pin. What you need to do, is remove the jumper and join the center pin to the opposite pin. e.g. if the jumper joins center pin to left pin, then remove it and join center pin to right pin. Now wait for a few seconds and then again remove the jumper and join the center pin to left pin.

Make sure to turn the PC off before opening the cabinet and resetting the jumper.

B. By Using Software:

I have found that BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool is a program that works instantly to remove any lost or forgotten BIOS/CMOS password. Simply boot your PC to DOS and execute the program, and get access to forgotten BIOS/CMOS passwords in just seconds

BIOS/CMOS Password Recovery Tool Service: http://www.biospasswordrecovery.com/

MMMMM... canned answers... forgot to close this thread
just to clarify... that answer above is NOT available for any Compaq laptop owner, seeing as you cannot boot the laptop when there is a poweron password, and the cmos battery is accesable, yet removing it will not erase the passwords.
For all who are wondering... remove all batteries (cmos and main) and plug it into the mains. it should power on, and everything will be good.

Topic can be locked to keep people from spamposting now =)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Compaq Armada m700 Bios password Removal        Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:01 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
kevin88 wrote:
<SNIP!>

Admin edit: The user and his post was removed.
Wow....
Can't you read?
1: that answer is WORD-FOR-WORD copied from 2 posts above you...
2: It's solved (i'll edit that in a second)
3: it's a laptop! NO MOBO Jumpers! (and it won't boot, so it won't be able to run software)
sheesh... I hate spambots....

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]