BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 29d, 3h, 2m | CPU: 19% | MEM: 5789MB of 10906MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Why do people like warez so so much?        Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:31 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
Why do people like warez so so much?

Offtopic Comment
YAY TPB is being closed! :) :D

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Why do people like warez so so much?        Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:50 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Server 2003
Because people can't afford the software they want?

I am not a fan either, but you do have to respect that some people just can't afford the software they need. [snide comment]Unlike some...[/snide comment]

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Why do people like warez so so much?        Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:52 pm 
FTP Access

motherboardlove wrote:

What do you think is the reason for them liking it? I'm sure you could easily guess, or is this just an attempt to start a flame war with those who disagree with your stance?

Seriously, I've seen you become increasingly vocal over things that don't concern you, such as people using Technet for personal use or MSDN for personal use. You've been increasingly been caught up in semantics, like saying that you have to use an OEM copy of Windows 7 on new hardware, otherwise you have to buy a upgrade or the full version. It's really starting to get old fast.

If you're so against piracy and you're a stickler for following EULAs, then why are you here? Within the community, we have set a standard on what we consider warez and "abandonware." However, even though we may consider Windows 3.11 abandonware, and even though MS doesn't appear to care over it's distribution, but I'm surprised that you're not throwing a fuss over it being on the server, since MS still owns the copyright to it and we have no legal "right" to allow people to download it freely. The same thing with Betas, old and new. The only reason why MS doesn't really come after BA is because everything isn't made public. But even then, we're in violation of EULAs and MS's own copyright, such as the distribution of leaked Windows 7 builds.

I'm not for piracy, but your pushing of your legal "morals" on everyone is beginning to annoy me. It's really none of your business as to what we do with Technet keys or MSDN keys or OEM copies of Windows. MS has never really expressed caring about having OEM copies of Windows installed on older computers as long as you're not transferring the license, so why is it that you care when the actual copyright owners don't seem to care? It seems a bit hypocritical of you to come on here and tell everyone to follow every license agreement to the T when you have no problem downloading leaked builds and old abandonware.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Why do people like warez so so much?        Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:53 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Server 2003
Ambig wrote:
motherboardlove wrote:

What do you think is the reason for them liking it? I'm sure you could easily guess, or is this just an attempt to start a flame war with those who disagree with your stance?

Seriously, I've seen you become increasingly vocal over things that don't concern you, such as people using Technet for personal use or MSDN for personal use. You've been increasingly been caught up in semantics, like saying that you have to use an OEM copy of Windows 7 on new hardware, otherwise you have to buy a upgrade or the full version. It's really starting to get old fast.

If you're so against piracy and you're a stickler for following EULAs, then why are you here? Within the community, we have set a standard on what we consider warez and "abandonware." However, even though we may consider Windows 3.11 abandonware, and even though MS doesn't appear to care over it's distribution, but I'm surprised that you're not throwing a fuss over it being on the server, since MS still owns the copyright to it and we have no legal "right" to allow people to download it freely. The same thing with Betas, old and new. The only reason why MS doesn't really come after BA is because everything isn't made public. But even then, we're in violation of EULAs and MS's own copyright, such as the distribution of leaked Windows 7 builds.

I'm not for piracy, but your pushing of your legal "morals" on everyone is beginning to annoy me. It's really none of your business as to what we do with Technet keys or MSDN keys or OEM copies of Windows. MS has never really expressed caring about having OEM copies of Windows installed on older computers as long as you're not transferring the license, so why is it that you care when the actual copyright owners don't seem to care? It seems a bit hypocritical of you to come on here and tell everyone to follow every license agreement to the T when you have no problem downloading leaked builds and old abandonware.

Very well said, that man.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Why do people like warez so so much?        Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:19 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Ambig has hit the nail right on the head. What people download is none of your business, and neither is where they got it from. You can be against warez all you like, but telling people what they can and cannot download has nothing to do with you. Keep it to yourself. If you are so against warez I don't understand why you're on this forum, as the majority of files we host could be considered such. And you can't tell me you don't use warez yourself, EVERYBODY I know uses warez, even my mother and she isn't even very computer literate.

So, this is a formal warning to you on the forum. Stop pushing the law against people and being so hypocritical. If you want someone to listen, call your solicitor/lawyer. Don't get involved in what other people may be doing to break the law. That's their choice and their choice alone. Everyone knows what they're getting into when they use or download warez, so let them get on with it. Don't get involved.

I don't think there is any reason for this topic to stay open, as it will only turn into a flame.

Locked.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]