BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 5h, 12m | CPU: 18% | MEM: 5532MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:38 pm 
Donator

Internationally known TV product pitchman Billy Mays was found dead in his South Tampa home this morning.

Wife Deborah woke up and found Mays, 50, in bed and not breathing, according to Tampa police spokeswoman Laura McElroy. He was dead when Tampa Fire Rescue arrived at Mays' house at 2853 Bowen Daniel Drive. Emergency workers pronounced him dead at 7:45 a.m.

Mays had no obvious injuries, and there were no signs of forced entry at the home that overlooks Old Tampa Bay, No foul play is suspected, police said.

Source: http://southtampa2.tbo.com/content/2009/jun/28/281518/tv-pitchman-billy-mays-found-dead-tampa-home/

R.I.P. Billy Mays. :(

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:14 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
HI I'M BILLY MA- oh shoot.
He was just on Conan O'Brien. :( This is a sad day. He had undoubtably effected many.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:43 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
He shall live on in his infomercials of Oxyclean, and whatever other products he tries to sell us...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:12 am 
Donator

RIP, Oxi-Clean guy, the commercials were always amusing.

Offtopic Comment
Here's one product: Zorbeez, the ShamWow clone.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:29 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
:( RIP...

So many people die in this week :cry:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:42 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
It was Vince, the shamwow guy!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:19 am 
FTP Access

I am still in disbelief of the whole thing! :(

Now what I am going to watch on Wednesdays? I've been a big fan of the show Pitchmen but I can't see how the show could continue as it was basically all about him.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:28 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win XP build 2419 | Win7 and up
Get on the ball!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:11 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
OH NO!!! I was really getting into his show on TDC Pitchmen :cry:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:21 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
http://www.umpumpump.org/billymays/Bill ... 20Back.mp3

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:58 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
It is said that his final television interview was on WTVT-TV here in Tampa. He was on a flight that popped a tire apon landing. He was hit in the head with a suitcase, he said to WTVT-TV, "I got hit on the head, but I got a hard head"

Not hard enough apparently.

He complained to his wife that he wasnt feeling right shortly before he went to bed the night of his death.

R.I.P Billy Mays

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:05 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
WildEye001 wrote:
It is said that his final television interview was on WTVT-TV here in Tampa. He was on a flight that popped a tire apon landing. He was hit in the head with a suitcase, he said to WTVT-TV, "I got hit on the head, but I got a hard head"

He complained to his wife that he wasnt feeling right shortly before he went to bed the night of his death.

R.I.P Billy Mays

CNN says its heart disease.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:01 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
Bender wrote:
WildEye001 wrote:

R.I.P Billy Mays

CNN says its heart disease.

Indeed. We didnt know that at the time I posted that.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: R.I.P. Billy Mays        Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:20 am 
When I first heard about this, I was just saying "what!". It kind of hit me weirdly because Michael Jackson just died too!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]