BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 29d, 8h, 2m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 6187MB of 11306MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:44 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS X
And Matthew Perry. Made to help launch Windows 95 14 years ago.

Has anyone seen this, or got a copy of it...?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:51 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 95 OSR 2.1 RTM
It`s on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GWQgb015Lc (part 1)

But yea, a high res copy would be nice.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:57 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS X
I was about to come back and say 'I just found it on YouTube' but you beat me to it!

Cheers.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:12 pm 
Donator

It is in video at my local library, but getting it would require walking 2km, getting the video, taking an afternoon trip to my family's resort and finding thier old VHC player in thier storage area.

A little OTT, I'm not sure how much more improved the quality would be over that video even then, but if its strongly desired I guess I could get it done?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:32 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
onghornLay 4029/Whistler 2419
Although ridiculously cheesy, I agree that it would be cool to have a copy of it. The whole thing on YouTube is fairly low-quality and it would only get worse trying to rip the video and make a complete version of it.

Andrew wrote:
A little OTT, I'm not sure how much more improved the quality would be over that video even then, but if its strongly desired I guess I could get it done?

If you could it would be greatly appreciated as this Windows 95 marketing scheme is an awesomely cheesy piece of Microsoft history.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:15 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
Hmmn, I'll ask around over at work, theres quite a few old MS people...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:39 am 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210840/

still seeded here:

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/87845005/Hollywood+Video?tab=summary
http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/3016293/Friends-(1994-2004)-Additional-Material

or search for torrent "Friends (1994-2004) - Additional Material".

PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:19 am 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GWQgb015Lc

:)

You can find links in the "Related videos" section to the other parts

PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:02 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
Here's the video from that torrentreactor link, it's a 70MB XViD. Click that link and you can download from a variety of hosts.

http://sharebee.com/50005f8a

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:34 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
The download has the entire 30 minute clip, but it's fairly low quality (320x240)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
Thlump wrote:
The download has the entire 30 minute clip, but it's fairly low quality (320x240)

Yeah, I was disappointed as well, also, that didn't come off a "Friends" DVD so the only source is the original VHS. Someone should find it and rip it until then this is the best we have.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:36 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows CE 2.11 Build 9015
After viewing the whole thing (four parts on YouTube) and feeling doubly ashamed (felt shame for me, for viewing this thing, and shame for the actors, that obviously didn't have the slightest idea of what they were doing) this video piqued my interest on the rest of the... well, video. Did Mathew and Jennifer hosted the other two parts? Were the other sections more serious in tone? Which were the "20 most asked questions about Windows 95"? Who got this video? Store managers? Microsoft Employees? Subscribers to a magazine on PCs?

-Commanderraf

P.S.: Don't you love how, in the mid nineties, adding "Cyber-" to anything made it immediately hip and trendy?

Help me get to my goal of 5 bitcoins! Donate to 166wvZUzA8j7Ltf3eZZK8KW1fCeiAPFVtr

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 95 "Cyber-Comedy" starring Jennifer Aniston        Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:47 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4
Commanderraf wrote:
After viewing the whole thing (four parts on YouTube) and feeling doubly ashamed (felt shame for me, for viewing this thing, and shame for the actors, that obviously didn't have the slightest idea of what they were doing) this video piqued my interest on the rest of the... well, video. Did Mathew and Jennifer hosted the other two parts? Were the other sections more serious in tone? Which were the "20 most asked questions about Windows 95"? Who got this video? Store managers? Microsoft Employees? Subscribers to a magazine on PCs?

-Commanderraf

P.S.: Don't you love how, in the mid nineties, adding "Cyber-" to anything made it immediately hip and trendy?

I've seen the rest of this tape, it's out on one of the online video sites I don't think it was youtube though...

Top  Profile