BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 50d, 0h, 56m | CPU: 83% | MEM: 6618MB of 11283MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Re: I have a question.        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:44 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
anything unix-like
pcgf340 wrote:
I am curious as to your stance on piracy. My personal opinion is that it should be okay to use it as a means of backups or getting a trial of software before buying.

Generally, under some licenses, it is OK to make 1 backup of the installation media, so it does make sense that you could use pirated sources, as long as you still have your copy of the license key somewhere.

Getting a "trial" version of a piece of software from a warez/torrent site usually means you are getting a full, cracked, and illegal version. Even If you intend to use that software as a trial, most people just use it for as long as they want to.

I really don't mind it, although the only pirated software on my computer is VMware and Winimage (obviously for :beta: testing purposes), just don't go around distributing pirated CDs and stuff.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I have a question.        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:19 am 
Donator

My stance of piracy: If you can afford to buy the software, don't prate it, thats just being greedy. If you cant afford the software... well its not as if your pirating the sofware is costing the authors/company money through lost sales, you were never going to buy it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I have a question.        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:23 am 
Donator

Why was the first, and third post in this thread deleted?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I have a question.        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:41 am 
Donator

I have a question.
Why were pcgf340 and all of his/her posts deleted?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I have a question.        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:45 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune Build 5111
maybe he deleted them ..

Quote:
You can delete your posts in this forum

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I have a question.        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:49 am 
Donator

You can only delete posts if they have not been answered, and you cant delete your own account. A mod/admin did this.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I have a question.        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:55 am 
Donator

I reported two of his posts for being useless and in topics that hadn't been responded to in seven months, he did that like 15 times. It was getting difficult to sort through the old/newer topics on the "New posts" page because 75% of the conversations were from 6-7 months ago. I don't see why every single one of his posts were deleted though, he had actually been contributing to the conversation in a couple of topics.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I have a question.        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:48 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
J.Byrne wrote:
You can only delete posts if they have not been answered, and you cant delete your own account. A mod/admin did this.

He was spamming in topics over 90 days old despite being given two warnings, which he ignored, so his entire account and all his posts were removed. He is not the first user to have this happen due to their own stupidity and lack of reading the rules.

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]