BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 7h, 13m | CPU: 41% | MEM: 5992MB of 11129MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: windows darlite help        Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:31 pm 
hi downloaded Windows Darklite from Rapidshare from the site asyoulike...
i burnt it in a cd as a bootable disc.
i restarted my cpu changed the bios thingy to run on CD thingy
than it ran the Darklite CD
ok..
a Caledra menu thingy came up
and a DR-DOS thing came there and i dont know what to do i just want to install Windows DarkLite on my cpu
i am currently using Windows Vista

PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:49 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
Darklite? :S, Never heard of it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:54 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
This is a quote I found about Windows Darklite:

Quote:
all Darklite is XP with all of the programs and mods pre added to it to make it look like Vista. you can see some screenshots here So its basically XP loaded down with crap that runs at startup that makes it slower than [censored]

So you should either use a genuine Windows XP or Windows Vista. Really.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:29 pm 
Donator

doesn't even look like vista if you ask me http://alkaspace.com/usr/2433/4030DarkLiteOS9_reg.jpg

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:55 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
I agree with Daniel, if you need a genuine Windows XP/Vista, go buy it, or pirate a real copy with pre-activated.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:40 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
W7x64, OSX
If you are going to pirate a copy, then get Windows XP Black Edition. Has all the crap cut down, lots of bug fixes and speed tweaks too...

If you really want a TRUE vista experience, then get Vista Inspirat 2. (For XP only.)

Install Vista Inspirat 2(go Google it). This looks AND sounds better than Vista itself! And it runs like a demon, as long as you have more than 1GB of RAM. Anything over that, and it'll run like a dream. :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:10 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
Alpha: I looked at screenshots of Vista Inspirat, and I love the way it looks, *prays it works with SP3*

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:32 am 
Donator

These haxed up copies of Windows are also generally full of <insert type of badware here>

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:46 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
happy dude wrote:
These haxed up copies of Windows are also generally full of <insert type of badware here>

Yea, thats right, plus, There was this certain person on a certain forum, who they called "cigarette"...Installed XP Black on his friends laptop (or his) and it was riddled with bugs, spyware, and other badware. >_>

Offtopic Comment
Cigarette is also known as XPUser

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:34 am 
Donator

WildEye001 wrote:
happy dude wrote:

Yea, thats right, plus, There was this certain person on a certain forum, who they called "cigarette"...Installed XP Black on his friends laptop (or his) and it was riddled with bugs, spyware, and other badware. >_>

Offtopic Comment

[citation needed]

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:04 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
W7x64, OSX
WildEye001 wrote:
happy dude wrote:

Offtopic Comment

He should perhaps get a nicer friend, then. The "friend" must have installed all the virii/adware etc., etc... The copy that I am using is 100% fine. I even tested it on a virtual network to oversee any abnormal network access. Nothing doing, I'm pleased to say. :D

If you want a virus-free copy, then ask me for it. We can do a filesovermiles.com for it. :D

WildEye001 wrote:
Alpha: I looked at screenshots of Vista Inspirat, and I love the way it looks, *prays it works with SP3*

'Tis truly awesome. A good friend recommended it to me - I shall be using it on every single install of Windows XP I shall ever use. Go here for some help concerning SP3 compatibility: http://www.crystalxp.net/news/en231-vista-inspirat-bricopack-sp3-xp.html

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:13 am 
Donator

What I don't get, though, is people with the hardware to run Vista, yet want to use XP which would run slower on the hardware, then install some visual pack which will further slow down the PC and add to system instability

XP was designed for 2001 hardware, Vista 2006-2007. It's like running 95 on a 1Ghz PC with half a gb of RAM, it's definetly not going to run faster than XP.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:56 am 
Donator

A good point, except for Vista I'd say more '07-'08. Majority of what was being sold down here in '06 can run Vista, but would be better suited to XP.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:35 am 
Donator

J.Byrne wrote:
A good point, except for Vista I'd say more '07-'08. Majority of what was being sold down here in '06 can run Vista, but would be better suited to XP.

Fair enough, my 2006 desktop runs Vista x64 but no Aero Glass ... but when you're like Alpha-Critik and have a C2D with 4GB of RAM, you immediately lose out on performance just by installing XP

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:32 pm 
ok so i wont install darklite but another thing which would be a best os 4 me as i got 512mb ram and i dont want vista its too slow 4 my pc so is xp black edition good for me if not than plz advice which one i should get.. thanks

PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:01 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Server 2003
Install XP professional, and tweak as necessary. Or buy more ram. It's cheap.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:32 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
Actually Happy Dude, my Intel Pentium Dual-Core, has a shit-load more performance in XP, than Vista. It's a 2008 laptop for that matter. :|

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:16 am 
Donator

WildEye001 wrote:
Actually Happy Dude, my Intel Pentium Dual-Core, has a [censored]-load more performance in XP, than Vista. It's a 2008 laptop for that matter. :|

That is questionable, since, like I said, XP is for older hardware. It depends on your configuration, ie if you're running Vista on 512MB RAM then you're obviously not going to get the best performance, and what software you're using.

For comparison, my laptop with a Celeron 530 and 2GB of RAM, XP is fast, but Vista is still faster

punitr1: what are your computers specs? Besides memory

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: windows darlite help        Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:27 am 
Donator

Could be psycho-schematic.

Top  Profile