BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 50d, 19h, 6m | CPU: 79% | MEM: 6265MB of 10763MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules


Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:04 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 pm

Posts
3935

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Normally I wouldn't post something unless it's almost certain that what I'm posting is 100% valid, but I feel as though UX Evangelist has provided credible screenshots in the past, being the first to have screenshots of the new Paint and Wordpad interfaces found in Windows 7. Even he's not sure on the credibility of those, but if he sees reason that they might be real, so do I.

http://uxevangelist.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... -7504.html


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:10 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon May 07, 2007 11:08 pm

Posts
399

Location
Copenhagen, Denmark

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 95 OSR 2.1 RTM
I highly doubt that they're real

_________________
My gaming machine: AST Advantage 6066d. Cyrix 66MHz 486DX. 4MB RAM. 512KB Cirrus Logic onboard graphics. Creativa Vibra 16 ISA. 520MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 40x CD-ROM. MS-DOS 6.22/Windows 3.1


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:43 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:42 pm

Posts
47

Favourite OS
windows 7
the font, in the about box looks fake


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:44 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Posts
2381

Location
United States
A few things I noticed:

Its using 3.9 gb
Very bad quality picture (good for editing text on the about dialog)
Registry keys as evidence? Please...


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:01 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:53 am

Posts
428
He also posted pictures of Windows 7 SP1, which also look fake. I'm not buying any of it until an official word from MS is out or someone who's more credible.

I don't see any reason why MS would be working on SP1 for Windows 7. It makes no sense. We don't even have a final build tag, and based on the past, MS doesn't really change the build tag for SPs (such as Vista RTM is build 6000, SP1 is 6001, SP2 is 6002, and yes, I know those aren't the full build tags). For Windows 7 SP1 (assuming there will be one in the future), why would Windows 7 be on build 7137+ and, according to uxevangelist, the two "builds" of Windows 7 SP1 is on build 7200 and 7225. To me, that seems WAY out of the ordinary.

If anything 7200 looks like it will be the RTM build tag of Windows 7, and that a SP1 might be something like 7201, to keep in line with Windows Vista.

To the topic at hand, Windows 8. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it either. Why would MS increase the build number so much when Windows 7 hasn't gone gold yet? I do believe that typically MS starts off right where the last OS left off.

I'm not saying that MS isn't working on Windows 8, but what I am saying, is that THOSE aren't pictures of it.

Going back to Windows 7, we didn't catch wind of Windows 7's first build until build 6519.1, and we know MS pretty much started Windows 7 after Windows Vista was completed. And the first build we know about didn't get out until over a year after Windows Vista went gold. And in a years time, I find it very likely that MS would have gone through 500 builds until 6519.1. I doubt that MS started at build 6500 or even 6400. They probably started right at build 6000 and went from there.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:09 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 pm

Posts
3935

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
No qualms with most of your post, except for the SP1 bit - SP1's been confirmed by trusted sources to be real. (Mainly wzor) - check out AeroXP for more info on SP1, there's mountains of evidence that it's real by now.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:23 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Posts
164

Location
Where The Streets Have No Name

Favourite OS
Windows 7
I find it very strange that Microsoft is supposedly working on SP1 for Windows 7, and even stranger that they're compiling builds of Windows 8. It may have been done before, but I don't recall a version of Windows off the top of my head that was in development before it's predecessor hit RTM.

_________________
Image
http://www.christdaily.net - Where I go everyday.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:28 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 pm

Posts
3935

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
darthtk118 wrote:
I find it very strange that Microsoft is supposedly working on SP1 for Windows 7, and even stranger that they're compiling builds of Windows 8. It may have been done before, but I don't recall a version of Windows off the top of my head that was in development before it's predecessor hit RTM.

Longhorn was in the development phase before the RTM release of Windows XP. I don't recall if any builds were compiled or not, but development was becoming active at the point that XP's development was wrapping up.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:10 pm

Posts
78

Location
Tacoma, WA
I'm pretty certain that some W8 pre-alphas are circulating internally within MS. From what I hear, it's pretty common for them to begin working on the next version of Windows up to a year before the release of the current gen, Which, in this case, is W7.

_________________
Image


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:40 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:53 am

Posts
428
Derf wrote:
No qualms with most of your post, except for the SP1 bit - SP1's been confirmed by trusted sources to be real. (Mainly wzor) - check out AeroXP for more info on SP1, there's mountains of evidence that it's real by now.


I have. The post about SP1 was done by you, and I didn't see a whole lot of people going along with SP1 being in development.

The first post has a build tag of 7138 and a build date of 05-23-2009 and later 7225 has a build date of 05-29-2009.

I find it highly suspect that that MS jumped about 80-90 builds. There's also a build 7200 being named as well. Nothing in that thread seems credible in any way.

I also don't consider wzor to be credible. I consider very few sources to be credible, and anyone else I take with a grain of salt. I'm not saying they're wrong, but I'm not saying they're right either. There's a whole bunch of "information" flying around, and MS skipping that many build numbers seems definitely out of the ordinary. It doesn't make any sense as to why MS would start SP1 and not integrate the changes into RTM.

None of the "information" that's been posted seems to make sense with one another. There's people going around and claiming that a RC2 is being done (which I don't believe). Heck, someone even took the liberty to fake a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pAm2XTU3IA

There's so much junk flying around that I'm not believing any of it unless there is some concrete solid evidence (and a thread on aeroxp with conflicting info isn't solid in my book).


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:52 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 pm

Posts
3935

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Ambig wrote:
Derf wrote:
No qualms with most of your post, except for the SP1 bit - SP1's been confirmed by trusted sources to be real. (Mainly wzor) - check out AeroXP for more info on SP1, there's mountains of evidence that it's real by now.


I have. The post about SP1 was done by you, and I didn't see a whole lot of people going along with SP1 being in development.

The first post has a build tag of 7138 and a build date of 05-23-2009 and later 7225 has a build date of 05-29-2009.

I find it highly suspect that that MS jumped about 80-90 builds. There's also a build 7200 being named as well. Nothing in that thread seems credible in any way.

I also don't consider wzor to be credible. I consider very few sources to be credible, and anyone else I take with a grain of salt. I'm not saying they're wrong, but I'm not saying they're right either. There's a whole bunch of "information" flying around, and MS skipping that many build numbers seems definitely out of the ordinary. It doesn't make any sense as to why MS would start SP1 and not integrate the changes into RTM.

None of the "information" that's been posted seems to make sense with one another. There's people going around and claiming that a RC2 is being done (which I don't believe). Heck, someone even took the liberty to fake a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pAm2XTU3IA

There's so much junk flying around that I'm not believing any of it unless there is some concrete solid evidence (and a thread on aeroxp with conflicting info isn't solid in my book).

Understandable, but I am wondering why you don't trust WZor. They've proven time and time again to be a credible source, having 100% accurate information in the past, with a whole lot to go on.
But I suppose it's good to take nearly everything with a grain of salt.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:14 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am

Posts
2366
According to Computer Word, in late January Steven Sinofsky "hinted" that there would be no Beta 2 and no RC2. Things change though; from my experience following pre-release Microsoft software I wouldn't be surprised either way about RC2, SP1, or Windows 8. I'm know there are at least a handful of people here that know more about it than I do. I wish those people would join in on this conversation if they haven't already, I'm curious what else people know.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:17 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Posts
164

Location
Where The Streets Have No Name

Favourite OS
Windows 7
In the supposed screen shot of Windows 8, the line that contains the build string in the About box definitely looks a bit photoshopped. It's not quite anti-aliased like the rest of the text.

_________________
Image
http://www.christdaily.net - Where I go everyday.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:46 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:53 am

Posts
428
Derf wrote:
Understandable, but I am wondering why you don't trust WZor.


They're not Microsoft and they have no affiliation with MS. Being right in the past isn't proof of them being right now.

Up at the top of their page they say that Build 7200 will be given to TAP and OEM customers on June 11. However, UX Evangelist said that wzor said that it was in the SP1 branch of development. If that's true, why would TAP and OEM customers get build 7200 with Windows 7 still in development? Why would they test a SP for something that's not even done yet. I would understand if Windows 7 had gone RTM, but it hasn't and supposedly, it won't be for a couple of months (which still asks the question of why is MS working SP1 with W7 still being worked on?).

Any changes that would require testing of software and hardware compatibility for a SP should be included in Windows 7 RTM IMO. It's not as if W7 is behind development.

The whole thing makes no sense. It makes no sense as to why MS is supposedly in the 714x's for W7 RTM development and in the 72XX's for SP1 development. That breaks precedent of MS's current and previous trend. MS really doesn't change the major build number for SPs. I believe MS changed the build number from 6000 for Vista RTM to 6001 and 6002 for SP1 and SP2 respectively, because each SP updated the kernel (I know SP1 updated Vista's kernel to the one in Windows Server 2008, but I'm not 100% positive for SP2). For XP, the build for each SP has remained 2600.xxxx.

I don't see why Windows 7 is going to be any different, and until a reliable source can actually provide correct information on this, on not believing anyone else. The fact that wzor has been correct in the past doesn't mean much to me. The Inquirer has been correct in the past as well, but I take what they say to be a grain of salt as well.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:30 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sun May 13, 2007 12:42 am

Posts
2406
Ambig wrote:
Up at the top of their page they say that Build 7200 will be given to TAP and OEM customers on June 11. However, UX Evangelist said that wzor said that it was in the SP1 branch of development. If that's true, why would TAP and OEM customers get build 7200 with Windows 7 still in development? Why would they test a SP for something that's not even done yet. I would understand if Windows 7 had gone RTM, but it hasn't and supposedly, it won't be for a couple of months (which still asks the question of why is MS working SP1 with W7 still being worked on?).


It could be that MS is testing the new Servicing Stack for future SPs for 7 and for Vista, so they change CSDVersion in the process,


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:22 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:45 pm

Posts
550
Windows OCManage wrote:
It could be that MS is testing the new Servicing Stack for future SPs for 7 and for Vista, so they change CSDVersion in the process,

Pretty much this. That's how the original Windows Server 2008 was tested from day one.

Anyways there's no reason to believe this is real though. Aside from the about dialog box (which is hackable without photoshop), you could see ProductName has no business being called "Windows 8 Ultimate" at this stage of development.

_________________
I am here in the shadows


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:28 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:26 am

Posts
174

Location
New Zealand

Favourite OS
Mac OS X
I wasn't even aware of a Windows 8. I thought the rumours regarding 7 being the last OS were fairly confident... well, as confident as rumours can be...

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:54 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:05 pm

Posts
290
bradphipps wrote:
I wasn't even aware of a Windows 8. I thought the rumours regarding 7 being the last OS were fairly confident... well, as confident as rumours can be...

There were recruitment ads for Windows 8 back in April, iirc.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:21 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am

Posts
2366
That was just a load of conjecturing; 8-) I have no idea how they ended up at that conclusion.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:19 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:28 pm

Posts
352
bradphipps wrote:
I wasn't even aware of a Windows 8. I thought the rumours regarding 7 being the last OS were fairly confident... well, as confident as rumours can be...



Yeah... and this is the last model year for Honda...

Who would believe that they would destroy their livelihood? They need to convince people to upgrade their systems, not just for their sake but for the sake of all hardware manufacturers.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:01 pm 
Reply with quote
This is just a fake screenshot! The reason why? Micrsoft hasn't even fully developed Windows 7! if that's the case why would they be making a Windows 8? They can only make 1 os at a time and then wait 1 or 2 years and put another os into consideration!


Top
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:12 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
@Darkspy947:

Unfortunally you are wrong.

Microsoft are always planning a new OS when the current one is not finished.
Look at ''Longhorn'', the first builds are compiled when Server 2003 was not even RTM.
(Yes, also ''Longhorn'' was based on Server 2003 not XP).

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:43 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:29 pm

Posts
48
Why can't Microsoft make 2 OS's at once? They are after all one of the largest tech companies out there... I'm sure that Microsoft is developing Windows 8 and I'm positive that they are working on SP1 for Windows 7. Microsoft isn't going to risk destabilizing the RTM for Windows 7 when they can put larger fixes in SP1. I have a feeling that they just want to get a good, solid OS onto the market which can replace Vista. More features and fixes can be added in the first service pack.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 8 Build 7504 Screenshot?        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:28 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:08 am

Posts
31

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Build 7601
It's fake. Anyone can just take a screenshot of that desktop, use Paint or Adobe Photoshop, using font Segoe UI size 8/9, clear out the particulars and type whatever stuff they want like fake build number etc...

And I have a photoshopped image created by to show you how easy to just photoshop an image:

http://i43.tinypic.com/260er7t.png

I made this in just a few minutes and everything looks fake, especially the build number. :D

_________________
I'm just a random guy just like everybody :P


Top  Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS