BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 20d, 14h, 22m | CPU: 5% | MEM: 5793MB of 12011MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: nVidia drivers being... odd        Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:50 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 8
OK my nvidia drivers are being very odd recently, and I don't know why it is doing this. It never has done before.

Windows 7 7100 x64, with latest drivers

This is what happens (use links, too tired to re-upload them)
http://jstimg.info/a7mkg4m8i0p4c.png
http://jstimg.info/a7mkg4kjpoygf.png

(OK I thought I had more screenshots of this behaviour, evidently not)

Any suggestions. I suspect because my internet is so rubbish anything I download just corrupts, so these drivers are probably corrupt. :/

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: nVidia drivers being... odd        Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:53 pm 
Donator

If you want to test if the drivers you downloaded where corrupt give the link and somebody could make a hash.

But I doubt it because Windows 7 apparently got downloaded fine :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: nVidia drivers being... odd        Posted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:14 pm 
FTP Access

I have a strange graphical issue (7127 x64). Sometimes the desktop will either be over bright, like really bright glowing whites and sometimes colours will look over saturated and text looks blurred. This happens on the desktop and in photo viewer, but if I load the same images into photoshop (OpenGL) they appear normaly. Rebooting seems to get rid of the problem, whatever it is.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: nVidia drivers being... odd        Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:20 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 8
zamadatix wrote:
If you want to test if the drivers you downloaded where corrupt give the link and somebody could make a hash.

But I doubt it because Windows 7 apparently got downloaded fine :P

File is from nvidia directly.

It could be the drivers themselves. When I have a moment I will probably try and use a slightly older driver

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: nVidia drivers being... odd        Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:53 am 
Donator

am saying you should compare the has to the one you have if you think it was corrupted. Trying older ones has a greater chance of success though.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: nVidia drivers being... odd        Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:35 am 
FTP Access

I would consider any and all drivers released for Windows 7 and intended for Windows 7 to be beta drivers. As such, bugs are bound to occur.

You should even expect bugs with Vista driver's run in Windows 7 as well. If you don't get any, I would consider yourself lucky.

As stable as Windows 7 seems, it's still not done. Manufacturers still don't quite have stable/complete Windows 7 drivers released that can take advantage of WDDM 1.1. If you do encounter bugs, try older drivers. The latest aren't always the greatest. :wink:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: nVidia drivers being... odd        Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 4:26 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
1. Ok, go to msconfig
2. Go to services tab and disable NVIDIA Display Driver Service
3. Go to startup tab and uncheck: NVIDIA Compatible Windows7 (not a miss spelling) Display driver, NVIDIA Hotkey Service, and NVIDIA Mdia Center Library.

Don't worry, disabling NVIDIA driver will not change your screen resolution or anything else as long as you DO NOT uninstall it.

Everytime I login to Windows, I only see a taskbar and a empty black desktop. Disable NVIDIA driver does the trick. Try are see if this work out for you.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: nVidia drivers being... odd        Posted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:06 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 8
Ambig wrote:
I would consider any and all drivers released for Windows 7 and intended for Windows 7 to be beta drivers. As such, bugs are bound to occur.

You should even expect bugs with Vista driver's run in Windows 7 as well. If you don't get any, I would consider yourself lucky.

As stable as Windows 7 seems, it's still not done. Manufacturers still don't quite have stable/complete Windows 7 drivers released that can take advantage of WDDM 1.1. If you do encounter bugs, try older drivers. The latest aren't always the greatest. :wink:

I am aware of that. This I don't think is the first time I came across these problems. I think I had them when I tried Vista x64 on here.
Anyway, downloading older drivers (edit: trying to but my internet is being a pain in the ***** *****) and see how that works

Top  Profile  WWW