BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 29d, 2h, 44m | CPU: 40% | MEM: 5795MB of 10906MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Photo Import App Needed        Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:38 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
I have a digital camera (like most people) and I want to import my pictures, but I don't want to use any old software.
I had one camera that came with software that was smart enough to import all the newest pictures, but leave the older ones alone, if they were already imported, but also leave them on the card. I wish to find that software again (or a replacement) so that I don't have to go through a couple thousand pictures to get to the ones I want. I know Windows Photo Importer can erase the card, but that means that the pictures would be lost, and that app doesn't import videos from the card.
Anyone know of a good app that will import both videos and pictures from the card, and be smart enough to know what ones to import and what ones to leave?

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Photo Import App Needed        Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:51 pm 
Administrator

I am not entirely sure what you are trying to achieve, don't you want to remove the pics off the camera once you copied them to the computer?

Either way, for importing, organising and editing photo galleries I use iPhoto on the Mac, and Google Picasa on the PC.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Photo Import App Needed        Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:25 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
Google Picasa was just what i needed, thanks.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM