BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 53d, 14h, 55m | CPU: 33% | MEM: 5670MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Need some more help :( [CSS?]        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:35 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3
I have 2 problems right now that are bothering me with the code I am doing for my site...

http://www.dazzleclub.org/dclub

(For anyone that has seen it before it has improved slightly...)

Anyway, my problem is now:

In IE the decoration behind the links works how I want, their is some background behind them. (Pic 1) (working properly in IE) (Pic 2 Not working how I want in FF)

Also, When a Windows is Minimzed (IE or FF) stuff moves (and I don't want it to) (Pic 1 (IE) Pic 2 (FF))

Pic 1: Link Background Decoration Working (IE)...

Pic 2: Link Background Decoration non-Working (FF)...

Pic 3: Stuff Moving... (IE)...

Pic 4: Stuff Moving... (FF)...

CSS File found: http://www.dazzleclub.org/dclub/include/style.css (Please don't bash me for such messy or unesscary code, I'm gonna get it all cleaned up once the site is done and opened)

I will answer any questions that I can. If it will help I will also upload the same pages to a new spot on the server and make a new FTP account for you to see more how things are done.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Justin on Fri May 01, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Need some more help :( [CSS?]        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:43 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows XP / Windows 7
I don't see any problems now?

Running Firefox 3.0.10, screenshot on 1440 x 900 and 1024 x 768

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Need some more help :( [CSS?]        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:59 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3
yeah, but look at the gap difference in the two pictures. Thats for sure something else that needs to be fixed. Also, those pics were taken when the screen was minimized. I forgot to add that.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Need some more help :( [CSS?]        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:31 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows XP / Windows 7
I took a look at your CSS, and I it's better to clean it right now, it's quite messy and you don't have an overview what's in it.

Also, I saw you used tables inside the divs for the construction of the website. That's not necessery and make things quite difficult. Remove some tables, and handles things by using divs.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Need some more help :( [CSS?]        Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:25 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3
Thats what I want to do, but im trying to teach myself, and I really can't seem to catch on to some things, so I want to do as you told me, but I just can't because I can't understand it. :(

Top  Profile  WWW