BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 26d, 11h, 33m | CPU: 33% | MEM: 5541MB of 10901MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: [HELP] How do i deploy office 2007 sp2 over network        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:51 am 
Hi all,

I am looking for someone to tell me if it is possible to deploy Office 2007 SP2 across our company network via GPO (Windows server 2003)

It was easy enough to deploy Office 2007 because we from MS could download the MSI files needed for it. But the SP2 only comes as exe as far as i know.

Can anyone help ? we are taling 100 computers here.

- R

PostPost subject: Re: [HELP] How do i deploy office 2007 sp2 over network        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:53 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
If you have WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) installed in you're network and set it up then it would deploy automatically if it's on the Microsoft Update.

WSUS is certainly recommended for you're network, it does not download updates for 100 times, but 1 time (saves bandwidth) and deploy's is to the machines as an regular windows update dialog.
(You need to read the manual about WSUS on how to set it up and what to do next).

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP] How do i deploy office 2007 sp2 over network        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:05 am 
Thank you very much, i will certainly try to tell my manager about that.

I dont take it you know if it is possible to do it with Group Policy ?

PostPost subject: Re: [HELP] How do i deploy office 2007 sp2 over network        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:53 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
No, I am afraid I do not know it.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [HELP] How do i deploy office 2007 sp2 over network        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:57 pm 
FTP Access

I'm not familiar with using GPO's for deployment, but maybe this will help you out. Run this command:

Code:
office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe /extract:c:\Office2007SP2

This will extract the files from the SP2 update into the folder C:\Office2007SP2. You will get a few MSP files which are the actual update. Now, like I said i'm not familiar with deploying via GPO, but if you were able to deploy an MSI file i'm sure you could deploy a MSP. Good luck!

Offtopic Comment
On a side note, if anyone is interested in "slipstreaming" SP2 (or as close to slipstreaming as it gets) into the Office 2007 install, simply copy those MSP files into the "Updates" folder in the Office 2007 installation. Now, when you install Office 2007 it applies the updates at the end of the install.

Top  Profile