BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 58d, 2h, 53m | CPU: 21% | MEM: 5781MB of 10891MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Updating drivers        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:04 pm 
Hi guys,

Just looking into updating drivers, damn that can be a bitch. it takes ages and how do you find the correct ones etc. Just thought i wanted to ask you all if there is a automated way of scanning your pc and installing drivers WITHOUT getting malware and vira etc.

Have any of you tried any ?

Rippie

PostPost subject: Re: Updating drivers        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:44 pm 
http://www.liutilities.com/products/driverscanner/

I have just found this and installed it. looks promising, and so far 2 different AV has not reported any scam and can confirm that my drivers are updated.

- R.

PostPost subject: Re: Updating drivers        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:36 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
CRAP!!!
use DriverMax if you are about to use any driver update app!!!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Updating drivers        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:59 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
They all blow
Another way is to search manually with device ID strings, let me explain:
There you can see how to look up for the IDs.

Now the google result as the third hit:
Broadcom bcm43xx 64-bit Windows XP drivers - PlanetAMD64
So now we know the device, for pretty sure all bcm 43xx use the same driver package.

Vendor id instantly tells us that it is a Broadcom device too, so the only thing that is left is just hunting the right driver. (In case the device ID does not produce results).

I have also had success with various linux distributions telling me on what device it is more specifically, even works with some stuff that windows does not, out of the box.

I don't remember on how different this box looks like with a real unknown device, but the device ID is still there.

Happy hunting :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Updating drivers        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 pm 
What i was after was more of a program that could do this for me. i know how you can look for vendor and device id. even use pcibase.com and then look up the device. but you never look for drivers for IDE controllers or cd drive etc. so if this program can tell me that i need it updated that would be bril.

I will try that DriverMax tomorrow. does any know how that works with Win 7 ?

- R

PostPost subject: Re: Updating drivers        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:15 am 
Donator

Windows update will tell you the name most of the time, it is best to go to the vendor website and get it from there after you have the name though.

Top  Profile