BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 3d, 23h, 11m | CPU: 32% | MEM: 4574MB of 10577MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Frequently choppy mkv videos        Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:53 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win 7 Ultimate x64
Hey guys, let me first just say thank you in advance!

Currently, i'm on windows 7 build 7100 x64, and i've downloaded the latest nvidia windows 7 driver and also have Shark007's Windows 7 codec pack installed to view the mkv blu-ray rips. Everything works very smoothly most of the time, but sometimes when I jump around during the playback, the playback gets all choppy, and I would have to either close and replay the file or jump around some more until it stops. it's not a crisis but it is getting to me xP

Any help would be deeply appreciated.

~ AMD radeon HD4890
~ Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB
~ Antec 550W PSU

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Frequently choppy mkv videos        Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:26 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
I also use 7100 x64 and VLC with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack work like a charm with mkv, ts and m2ts (Blu-ray Disc).
Also KMPlayer works with internal codecs.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Frequently choppy mkv videos        Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:29 am 
Donator

Have that problem on Vista but its because I'm running the sidebar

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Frequently choppy mkv videos        Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:18 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows XP / Windows 7
I don't no if it make the difference, but do you have the problems with the CCCP? CCCP is running great here on XP and Vista.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Frequently choppy mkv videos        Posted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:26 am 
FTP Access

Try the CoreAVC codec for AVC encoded video. It's the fastest software AVC decoder right now.

However, I'm not sure if there's an x64 version out...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Frequently choppy mkv videos        Posted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:53 pm 
FTP Access

CoreAVC doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 (need the x64 version or an updated x86). I believe MPCHC now includes built in support for gpu accelerated hd decoding without the need for external spitters or codecs like Haali or CoreAVC. I've yet to give it a try but you need to use EVR or EVR Custom as the output method (Vista/W7) and use the built in Matroska splitter for MKV. It's also only currently available on the x86 MPCHC, gpu has yet to be added to the x64 version of MPCHC.

Top  Profile