BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 30d, 2h, 7m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 5917MB of 11046MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:28 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win8
When I was about 14-15 (now getting 19) I walked on railway and listened music so I couldn't hear the train coming. Suddenly I heard a whistle, I looked back and train was behind me and the distance between me and train was like 10-15 metres (33-50 feet) I think. I quickly jumped away to the other railway and that saved me. After ~7 seconds, the train reached to the same point I was when I looked back. After that I never want to walk on railway that is in use (or listen music at the same time).

About one and half years ago me and my family drove at the highway (at night) what is surrounded by forest. We drove at normal speed, but one car tried to exceed the allowed speed limit and drove past us, that car was about 5 metres away from us when goat jumped out and the other car hit him/her. The other car was heavily damaged and goat died. Fortunately everyone who were in other car got no injuries. But ... if there weren't the other car who wanted to pass by, the goat would have been jumped in front of our car, so the other car saved us by exceeding the speed limit.

Well this is smaller accident but when I was 14 I walked on the roof of old building and one roof tile was fragile and I fell trough the roof and hit the concrete floor downstairs. After that, I couldn't walk for a month without the pain. :?

What are the biggest accidents you have been in or would have been in?

Last edited by RayBiez on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:24 pm 
FTP Access

Why would you walk on rail road tracks to begin with? I've never quite understood why people do that?

I guess the second biggest thing that happened to me was that I ran myself over. I was on a Toro Workman 3200

It's this exact same model:
http://www.wnutting.com/Alderfer/golfco ... tycart.jpg

Anyway, I came around a bend, the sprinkler system was on (one of those mist systems), I couldn't see. The rear tire clipped the tree, I slipped out. My foot came off the clutch as I went under. The engine stalled and it jumped over my leg as it stalled. It hurt, but I walked it off.

The biggest thing that happened to me was this. I was getting ready to go back to school and gave my 2 weeks notice. About a week before I left working at a golf course, a guy sprayed me with the hose and got me completely wet (and I still had 3-4 hours of work left and I had nothing to change into). So, I waited until the last day of work to get him back. My boss had me on the roof cleaning out the gutters. Well the guy I was going to get back was on a tractor. As he was coming in to park, I grabbed some of the stuff from the gutters (mostly dirt and leaves and pinestraw and it was all dry by this point) and threw some of it on him. It landed in his lap and he brushed it off.

Well, when I came down, he was still on the tractor (it looked like this, minus the shovel attachment: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2186/248 ... f76557.jpg ). He chased me down on it and the front tires ran over my leg and had me pinned between the wall and the tractor. My leg never hit touched the ground and how it never broke, I'll never know because my leg was wedged under the tire and the guy kept hitting the gas with it in forward. It wasn't until after the boss came around the corner did he finally put it in reverse and back it up. I literally thought it my leg was broken at first. The guy somehow didn't lose his job and he's lucky I didn't call the police and have him arrested for assault.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:06 am 
Donator

RayBiez wrote:
when coat jumped out ... and coat died.

I think you meant goat (could be wrong).

One time my mom an I were at an intersection and I looked back band a truck hit us without even slowing down because the driver was not paying attention (and we were boxed in with other cars so we could not get out of the way).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:14 am 
FTP Access

The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Favourite OS
Rhapsody, BeOS
Had a fight with a vending machine - and lost.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:21 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win8
Ambig wrote:
Why would you walk on rail road tracks to begin with? I've never quite understood why people do that?

That's because when I have to go to supermarket, I have to walk on railroad tracks to save bunch of time. Everyone here does that. :)
I'll save about walking 1km (0.62 miles), when I use the shortcut. Here's an example, how much the shortcut saves the time: here.
Also for the other part (walking there without reason)... I don't know why, but it is fun to walk there with friends in times. Though, usually we use a dead railroad tracks for that. :P

zamadatix wrote:
RayBiez wrote:
when coat jumped out ... and coat died.

I think you meant goat (could be wrong).

Yeah, goat it is. :P

Also, Ambig you had one mean coworker there. Hehe, In tuesday we had last day of school (12 grade). In here it's tradition to wear silly clothes (or clothes like you used to wear in 1 grade) and spray other students wet. But after our lessions was over, my friend from 11 grade used my bottle of water to pour me wet. I also said I will make this back, but after your incident, maybe I'll pass? :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:31 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
Just giving one:

Flip and rolled a pickup, went through the Windscreen at 90MPH (144KM/h), partially destroyed my upper back; when I came to on the ground (I was still on the windscreen), I couldn't breathe in, first thought that went through my mind was that I collapsed both lungs and I'd be pretty much dead, but thankfully just severely winded and bruised my lungs, liver and cracked 2 vertebrae, and bruised Kidney when I went over the dash and steering wheel.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:16 pm 
Donator

2 weeks ago some idiot pulled out in front of us in a country open road. We were going 100kmh / 60Miles and if my parents hadn't breaked quick enough then we would a totaled the car at the least and probably almost died.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:46 am 
Donator

Driving into the back of a truck at 60km/h because people try and make three lanes on the road I live on when its only one.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:07 am 
FTP Access

Visiting YellowStone National Park, my family visited the top of the largest waterfall in the US (I think). I was halfway down the path, my brothers were at the very bottom right by the river (but I didn't know it). I decided to go straight down the mountain, and ended up knocking a rather large rock down the hill. It almost hit my brothers, who would have been knocked in the river 50 feet from the falls and fallen to their death.

Another one... pretty damn embarassing... when I was much younger and entering puberty... there was an incident involving a dog... a piece of baloney... and a certain private part... luckily I escaped with only some minor cuts. Don't laugh.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:11 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Win 10 64-bit
The worst accident I've EVER had (so far) was I was in my old house and I ran down the stairs, tripped, broke my jaw.. then ran into the kitchen... Or tried to and fell over put my hand out in front of me and broke my arm... Very unlucky to get that, I mean... How likely is it to break 2 things in under 5 mins? ^^

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:01 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Debian GNU/Linux 7.0
I almost got hit by a car, and I set accedently set a 1 leter bottle of n-Hexane on fire and a long while ago i blew up some ram

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:19 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
I had a few accidents before, but not as bad as the accidents in this topic. My worst would be when I felled during PE class 1.5 years ago, I got a wound on both of my knees and on my left shoulder. Now they are all scars and the scar on my left shoulder is gone. I do remember the time where I almost got hit by a car.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:43 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Vista Beta 1 (6.0.5112)
Biggest accident that almost happened:

Was driving a "deuce and a half" M35 Cargo Truck in the dark in a convey. (we had night vision goggles on.) This was in California on a training mission (Ft. Erwin). Well, I misjudged...didn't slow down enough for the twisted hill in front of me. (It was going downhill, couldn't see where it was going to). I slammed on the brakes to keep from flipping over and counter-steered, the trailer attached to the back of the truck went airborne for a few seconds.....with people inside. Once I had vehicle stopped, I had to keep my foot on the brake because the parking brake did not work (still on the hill at this point.) One of the guys in the other vehicle ran over to me and he got in behind me, slid his foot over to the brake, and I was able to slide mine out and move over to the passenger seat. He was able to get the vehicle to slide down the hill without flipping us or the trailer. Once the people in the back realized they were still alive, they were kinda pissed. The sargeant who pressured me into driving the truck (even though I told him I never drove a 2.5 ton truck before) got in trouble.

Lesson: Practice on rough terrain a bit more before driving a large vehicle in pitch black.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Biggest accident that happened or would have happened        Posted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:51 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
70 PSI tires + my BMX + Dirt/loose gravel = Me hurt :(

Lesson: For dirt and gravel set tires to DIRT Pressures :/ IE 40PSI :|

I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「

Top  Profile  WWW