BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 25d, 12h, 45m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 5973MB of 10929MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:43 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
There is one of these on a forum I visit regularly and its a nice place to let of steam about things that annoy you, so here goes...!

People that log onto MSN but are always set to away or busy, and never seem to reply to you. Why the hell do you come on MSN if you never speak to anyone?!

Also, people on MSN that sign off in the middle of you speaking to them because they have to go somewhere... The least you could do is wait for me to finish what I'm saying and not be so ignorant!

Ahh, thats better :) More to come soon though ;)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:58 am 
Donator

We had a thread like this back when I 1st joined this forum, but it kinda fizzled out after a while.

Keeping with the msn theme I find it annoying when people on msn ignore your status and constantly try to talk to you for no real reason, especially when its usually someone I see every day anyway.

Also, social networking sites, I got suckered into joining a few by some friends, its mind boggling how the internet keeps me connected to people I try to avoid, not only that, but I get to read BS and crap out what they have for brekky, and what color is their favorite, and how they have a foot fetish and what ever other crap they feel the need to put on display for the entire world. Another pet peeve, people having private conversations on social networking sites.

And, the 72 minute viewing limit on megavideo, do you how hard it is to achieve the goal of watching every episode of Scrubs when you need to reset your IP address every 72 minutes.

A few more: The graphics card in my computer (or lack thereof) is getting on my nerves, as is my toothache, the fact that several houses in my neighborhood are up having parties and playing loud music and smashing bottles on fences into the wee hours of all night [censored] long, and the fact that when you live in a townhouse that is joined to another townhouse, when your lying awake in bed you can hear everything going on in the house next door, from the leak that some guy takes at 3AM like clockwork, or the pathetic 5 minutes he is able to get it on every now and again on the squeaky spring base bed that shares the same wall as my own.

The fact that portions of food are getting smaller, but the prices higher is also [censored] me off, as is the fact the trackball I bought is actually going to give me RSI. And, after 15 years of complaining whenever it rains, Telstra still haven't replaced the non-waterproof phone lines running through the phone pit in my backyard, so whenever it rains my phone line goes dead, taking my internet connection with it. Julia Gillard also gets on my nerves, I dunno whether its her accent or her ridiculous ears, they are both rather annoying really...

I love these threads...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:26 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Vista Beta 1 (6.0.5112)
J.Byrne wrote:
We had a thread like this back when I 1st joined this forum, but it kinda fizzled out after a while.

Keeping with the msn theme I find it annoying when people on msn ignore your status and constantly try to talk to you for no real reason, especially when its usually someone I see every day anyway.

Also, social networking sites, I got suckered into joining a few by some friends, its mind boggling how the internet keeps me connected to people I try to avoid, not only that, but I get to read BS and crap out what they have for brekky, and what color is their favorite, and how they have a foot fetish and what ever other crap they feel the need to put on display for the entire world. Another pet peeve, people having private conversations on social networking sites.

And, the 72 minute viewing limit on megavideo, do you how hard it is to achieve the goal of watching every episode of Scrubs when you need to reset your IP address every 72 minutes.

A few more: The graphics card in my computer (or lack thereof) is getting on my nerves, as is my toothache, the fact that several houses in my neighborhood are up having parties and playing loud music and smashing bottles on fences into the wee hours of all night [censored] long, and the fact that when you live in a townhouse that is joined to another townhouse, when your lying awake in bed you can hear everything going on in the house next door, from the leak that some guy takes at 3AM like clockwork, or the pathetic 5 minutes he is able to get it on every now and again on the squeaky spring base bed that shares the same wall as my own.

The fact that portions of food are getting smaller, but the prices higher is also [censored] me off, as is the fact the trackball I bought is actually going to give me RSI. And, after 15 years of complaining whenever it rains, Telstra still haven't replaced the non-waterproof phone lines running through the phone pit in my backyard, so whenever it rains my phone line goes dead, taking my internet connection with it. Julia Gillard also gets on my nerves, I dunno whether its her accent or her ridiculous ears, they are both rather annoying really...

I love these threads...

I feel as thoough Pandora's box may have been opened....

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:50 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
I hate it when I get banned from websites for no apparant reason, or when someone decides to flame someone else, or some topic without any idea of what they are actually talking about.
It urks me when people post comments on sites that have absolutely nothing to do with the topic (as seen on Withinwindows, where a few people will post stuff like "well that was dumb" or "that sucked")
I hate it when people flood me with a few hundred messages on MSN or AIM just because I don't respond instantly when they talk to me... *cough* relatives *cough*... or for that matter, people who text my cellphone for NO [censored] REASON!!!! and when I ask what they want, they have no idea...
I hate it when my laptop decides to magically freeze up in the middle of me typing a paper, or important rant on a website, or just deciding that after 15 minutes of use, that the battery is magically dead, even though I can get a whole 2 hours out of it at 0% =z
I hate that Classic Mac systems NEED a Pram Battery to run... atleast PC systems don't =)
I HATE POPUP ADS!
and i hate it when people put all sorts of crap on a youtube video, like those little editing boxes, and you can never really watch the video without having atleast one of those damn things in the screen the whole time, and it completely detracts from the whole point of the video...
I hate dialup internet too... and people who send you massive files in your email, knowing that you have dialup internet, because you asked them not to send the files because you have dialup...

I hate it when people completely take a subject off topic from the origional posting and topic of a thread... people aren't that stupid that they haven't figured out where the "new topic" button is... are they?

meh... ranting is fun =D

Edit: I hate how when you really need the internet at school, it doesn't work, and you have to keep hitting the "retry" button in FireFox, and hope that it remembered what you submitted in the first place

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:49 am 
Donator

Two lefts and a diagonal sidestep from where you are.

Favourite OS
Windows 7 M3 (6801)
i absolutely HATE it when people appear Online (Available, not Busy, Away or otherwise) and are either away from the computer (in a different part of the room) or out of the house completely (out at the store or otherwise). At least set your status msg to "out of the house" or something like that!!!!!!

Also when people get mad when you are typing a long response to a question that THEY ASKED.

And when ppl get mad at me for no apparent reason, and when you ask them why there mad they won't tell you.

ahhh... got tht off my chest...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:02 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
Have heaps, but my main one is when people try talking to me while I'm trying to take a leak...the combination = 'nuten.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:07 am 
Donator

You mean at a urinal?
Its an unspoken law that you don't talk to, or even make eye contact with the guy standing next to you...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:53 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win8
pizzaboy192 wrote:
Edit: I hate how when you really need the internet at school, it doesn't work, and you have to keep hitting the "retry" button in FireFox, and hope that it remembered what you submitted in the first place

I hate exactly the same thing. School internet provider has put restrictions on some social sites like Orkut and one local site, but the traffic is too high and the internet - always down. Now I hate that that school hasn't had wifi internet for two weeks.
I hate when I'm on MSN and someone talks like this:
* She: "Hi"
* You: "Hi"
* --- 1-2 minute of pause ---
* S: "Whats you doing?"
* Y: "Listening to music and reading forums. You?"
* S: "Mm, I am talking in msn.... Talk something nice!"
* Y: "About what?"
* S: "Well... I don't know, the thing is.. I am bored, entertain me!! ^^"
Also I hate when little girls from 6-8 grade are screaming loud (like "Ooooh, He said that, and that and YAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.."), when I am waiting for train (after school).
Whats more, I hate when someone in msn continiously logs in and then out, in and out...
Moreover, I hate that I can't play many good games with my PC anymore. " My old video card gone dead and now I am stick with crappy GF4 MX440.
I hate my internet connection upload speed (768kbit/s).
I hate that it was cold and windy today.
I hate my upcoming biology exam.
Finally - I hate spam.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:25 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
J.Byrne wrote:
You mean at a urinal?
Its an unspoken law that you don't talk to, or even make eye contact with the guy standing next to you...

Nah, at home and when at mates places and stuff...and they continue the conversation on even though they know I'm about to take a leak...muscles in my groin jump to attention when people start talking to me, 'tis lame.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:49 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
I Hate it when I purchase a new game for my PS2 only to find out that the damn laser is broken, and I can't play it until I fix it... DAMN! I really wanted to get my new gameshark and FreeMcBoot working again... =( oh well... i now have a project for this weekend i guess...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:57 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
I hate it when I look at the keyboard keys and to find a bunch of dandruff and crumbs all over inside the keys. I really want to clean but I don't want to risk breaking it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:42 am 
Donator

Album prices, I'd love to buy music but I just can't afford $25 an album.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:01 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Thlump wrote:
I hate it when I look at the keyboard keys and to find a bunch of dandruff and crumbs all over inside the keys. I really want to clean but I don't want to risk breaking it.

Tip it upside down and give it a good shake, and then use the vacuum cleaner to suck out anything thats stuck. Get a can of compressed air too if you can.

Anyway, pet hates... Waking up to find no milk left so I have to have toast and not cereal... OK in this instance it was my fault for not buying any but if my Dad bought enough to last the week I wouldn't have this problem!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:44 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
My fat thick stupid waste-of-space useless hasnt-got-a-clue thicko ............... *snip* ....... brother.

Nuff said 8-)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:12 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
Rioter wrote:
My fat thick stupid waste-of-space useless hasnt-got-a-clue thicko ............... *snip* ....... brother.)

I can relate with that... most siblings aren't good for much except people to grab you food, and to take the blame for why you are over bandwidth for the month =D

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:15 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
Only one of those things applied. He currently has a brace, and can't have certain things like gummy sweets, ice cream, biscuits, twix bars, etc. He continues and knowingly eats them. I warn him, his response is "f*** off and LEAVE ME ALONE" and usually slam door on me. Parents shout at him, he couldn't give a damn less.

I wish it was legal to shoot your siblings sometimes

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:29 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
Rioter wrote:
I wish it was legal to shoot your siblings sometimes

It is if it happens to be a BBgun =) that is how i repel my older brother and keep him away from my server =D

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:55 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
I hate it when Filezilla completely ignores the speed limits you set in place between certain hours to stop you getting throttled, and then as a result, you get throttled :@ Stupid piece of ... OK, I'm going to stay calm, its not the end of the world... So the internet has gone to 25% of its normal speed for 5 hours... it can't hurt that much, can it? :P

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:44 am 
Donator

I hate it when people leave there IM accounts on all night and day (day when there not there)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Moans and Pet Hates topic        Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:04 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
I hate it when people think they are so funny on online games, by doing the opposite of what they are supposed to do, wether it be shooting your own teammates, and laughing about it, or driving backwards just to [censored] off the other people who want to actually race...
I also hate it when you need to get in the house, but your key won't f-in work in the lock...

I also hate cancer (just in general... killed too many people I know, but I don't have it)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM