BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 21d, 22h, 57m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 5571MB of 10748MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:49 am 
FTP Access

I just finished watching War Games The Dead Code and noticed that all the cool boot screens for Joshua could be recreated with standard text symbols... so I could make a dos startup script that displayed all those while starting. It seems pretty simple, just need to type it up and insert some pauses and screen clears.

Problem is I don't have pictures of the boot up screens for Joshua. Anyone want to try and find them?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:33 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Win 10 64-bit
expert01 wrote:
I just finished watching War Games The Dead Code and noticed that all the cool boot screens for Joshua could be recreated with standard text symbols... so I could make a dos startup script that displayed all those while starting. It seems pretty simple, just need to type it up and insert some pauses and screen clears.

Problem is I don't have pictures of the boot up screens for Joshua. Anyone want to try and find them?

I absolutely love Wargames, it's given me so many ideas including the one you're about to try!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:33 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
W7x64, OSX
Do you mean this?

Sorry if it isn't.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:37 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
I think he means more like these (I know these ones aren't complete, I'll grab some more complete ones later)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:16 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Hounsell's on the spot right there.

Those were taken from the movie Wargames, the dead code (2008 movie).
Where the WOPR takes on RIPLY.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:18 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
W7x64, OSX
hounsell wrote:
I think he means more like these (I know these ones aren't complete, I'll grab some more complete ones later)

"Tron"? Did anyone see that piece of text?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:44 pm 
Donator

Alpha-Critik wrote:
hounsell wrote:

"Tron"? Did anyone see that piece of text?

Didn't notice that first time, although I did notice a bit of Internet slang in the top right.

Top  Profile