BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 21d, 22h, 57m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 5571MB of 10748MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules


Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:49 am 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:28 pm

Posts
352
I just finished watching War Games The Dead Code and noticed that all the cool boot screens for Joshua could be recreated with standard text symbols... so I could make a dos startup script that displayed all those while starting. It seems pretty simple, just need to type it up and insert some pauses and screen clears.

Problem is I don't have pictures of the boot up screens for Joshua. Anyone want to try and find them?


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:33 am 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:34 pm

Posts
692

Location
NY, USA

Favourite OS
Win 10 64-bit
expert01 wrote:
I just finished watching War Games The Dead Code and noticed that all the cool boot screens for Joshua could be recreated with standard text symbols... so I could make a dos startup script that displayed all those while starting. It seems pretty simple, just need to type it up and insert some pauses and screen clears.

Problem is I don't have pictures of the boot up screens for Joshua. Anyone want to try and find them?


I absolutely love Wargames, it's given me so many ideas including the one you're about to try!


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:33 am 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:22 pm

Posts
703

Location
/dev/urandom

Favourite OS
W7x64, OSX
Do you mean this?

Image

Sorry if it isn't.

_________________
Web developer, part-time moderator, full-time CSS wizard.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:37 am 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:14 pm

Posts
6612

Location
United Kingdom

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
I think he means more like these (I know these ones aren't complete, I'll grab some more complete ones later)

Image

Image

Image

_________________
BuildFeed - the ultimate collaborative NT build list - Windows Longhorn - a look at a defining Microsoft project


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:16 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm

Posts
5271

Location
The Collection Book

Favourite OS
Windows & Phone
Hounsell's on the spot right there.

Those were taken from the movie Wargames, the dead code (2008 movie).
Where the WOPR takes on RIPLY.

_________________
Image
http://www.thecollectionbook.info
Subscribe to our Image for updates and like us on Image.

Reading Mode only, PM's possible.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:18 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:22 pm

Posts
703

Location
/dev/urandom

Favourite OS
W7x64, OSX
hounsell wrote:
I think he means more like these (I know these ones aren't complete, I'll grab some more complete ones later)

Image

"Tron"? Did anyone see that piece of text?

_________________
Web developer, part-time moderator, full-time CSS wizard.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Joshua/WOPR (from War Games) as script?        Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:44 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon May 21, 2007 5:08 pm

Posts
192
Alpha-Critik wrote:
hounsell wrote:
I think he means more like these (I know these ones aren't complete, I'll grab some more complete ones later)

Image

"Tron"? Did anyone see that piece of text?


Didn't notice that first time, although I did notice a bit of Internet slang in the top right.


Top  Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS