BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 6h, 42m | CPU: 16% | MEM: 5517MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Insert a normal CD / DVD, explorer shows nothing (Win7)        Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:53 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
OK, If I insert a DVD into my Acer 5315, nothing shows up. The icon in Computer changes from standard to DVD-ROM. If I open up the drive folder, it asks for me to insert a DVD and then the DVD is ejected.

If I open up the drive with PowerISO, it finds the files no problem.

If I reboot the machine with the DVD or CD in, it is recognized by Explorer

Anyone else experienced this problem, either with 7 or vista/xp/... and can anyone recommend anything?
I tried deleting the drive off device manager and reload it, not worked.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Insert a normal CD / DVD, explorer shows nothing (Win7)        Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:03 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
may i ask what is on this DVD?
Is your drive capable of reading the format of DVD you have selected? Some older ones cannot read DL disks and some really older ones can't read Dvd+r disks (I had one in my old dell that did that)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Insert a normal CD / DVD, explorer shows nothing (Win7)        Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:05 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
pizzaboy192 wrote:
may i ask what is on this DVD?
Is your drive capable of reading the format of DVD you have selected? Some older ones cannot read DL disks and some really older ones can't read Dvd+r disks (I had one in my old dell that did that)

I should have made it clear

It's ANY cd or dvd, whether I burnt it or it's some manufactured cd from nero or what not.

Also, it appears to only occur when the computer has been at least in sleep/hibernation at least once.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Insert a normal CD / DVD, explorer shows nothing (Win7)        Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:35 am 
Donator

I've seen this before, can you get into the DVD by using the address bar in the explorer window?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Insert a normal CD / DVD, explorer shows nothing (Win7)        Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:17 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
you wouldn't happen to have some sort of software like AnyDvd installed? that has had problems during resume that keep Windows from seeing the disk properly, you may also have a defective dvd drive, or one that doesn't support the kind of resume that windows 7 wants to use...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Insert a normal CD / DVD, explorer shows nothing (Win7)        Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:18 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
pizzaboy192 wrote:
you wouldn't happen to have some sort of software like AnyDvd installed? that has had problems during resume that keep Windows from seeing the disk properly, you may also have a defective dvd drive, or one that doesn't support the kind of resume that windows 7 wants to use...

Sorry for the delay, until today I didn't realise how annoying it is.

Yes I have PowerISO installed. Any suggestions on how to fix it. I will try reinstalling the devices.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Insert a normal CD / DVD, explorer shows nothing (Win7)        Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:28 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
powerISO won't do much, I was referring to Decryption software that seems to have problems with resume on Vista and 7...
I am guessing that your BIOS might not support the proper resume setup that windows 7 wants to use...

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM