BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 7h, 14m | CPU: 77% | MEM: 5448MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:29 pm 
Donator

This year has been exceptionally good I got:
4gb ram (1gb coming still)
A new graphics card
a 1080p hdtv to hook it up to (we dont watch tv at all)

:P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:47 pm 
Donator

~edited~

Last edited by FarCry3r on Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:27 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Win 10 64-bit
zamadatix wrote:
This year has been exceptionally good I got:
4gb ram (1gb coming still)
A new graphics card
a 1080p hdtv to hook it up to (we dont watch tv at all)

Nice... What make is the HDTV?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:01 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
It was reasonable, up to the HDTV, how much did that cost? :|

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:02 pm 
FTP Access

What's the point of this topic? Is it just so to be envied by everyone or what?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:04 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
pkubaj wrote:
What's the point of this topic? Is it just so to be envied by everyone or what?

It's your typical show-off topic. Still, if that's what they want to post, I don't see an issue. There's more to life than expensive consumer electronics.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:03 pm 
Donator

The purpose: it is my birthday and for once I get what I have wanted for many years a good TV and a good computer to hook up to it :D, and I usually get 30$ for my birthday so I am extra excited :).

Technically the TV is not for my birthday we have not been saving for that over the last 2 years but we ordered it to come around my birthday :D and its only 32" but it is not the size it is the quality (for me). As for price it was $480 and I do not remember the brand but its 60fps 1080p 2500:1 contrast ratio and 6 ms response time.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:07 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
zamadatix wrote:
its only 32"

Quoted because of the 'only'.
I don't have a TV (or any form of screen) in my house that size. Though that's largely because my Family seems to be far heavier internet users than TV watchers - so the money gets spent on PCs instead of TVs.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:55 pm 
Donator

I know some people and their addictions with >60" tv's ;). Onyl reason we are getting it is to hook a computer to once in a while and game consoles.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:56 am 
Donator

I still got a 21" plugging away but man 32" must be heaven and anyway I want to be able to not have a hard time reading text on pgr4 and other games designed for hd on 360.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:47 am 
FTP Access

Eh, 32" and 1080p? For what? You can fell the difference between 1080p and 720p, with at least 40". With 32" you won't see any difference.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:34 pm 
Donator

You would expect a 24" computer monitor to have that big of a resolution and it would quite clear the difference.

Besides it is not the size of the TV it is how far away you are (3x the diagonal measurement I believe) that determines how big the TV should be (small room its going in so it is actually perfect size).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:31 am 
I have a 24" LCD. Its 1920x1200 (just a little taller than 1080p). The resolution is awesome obviously, but I'm not sure how suitable it would be as a TV. I've watched videos from a distance and it seems fine, and if you get a high quality panel the viewing angle is fine too. Having this though, for computer use, I can say I would probably want a resolution increase if I went to a 32". I'm thinking about getting a tuner card and using this as a TV. Overall it seems to me that it would be a better deal to just add a tuner to your computer and get a nice LCD instead of buying an HDTV.

PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:18 pm 
I have a 32" LCD und 125GB ram DDR3

PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:14 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
masay wrote:
125GB ram DDR3

Something doesn't sound quite right there...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:19 pm 
Donator

LMAO

Thanks for the posts everyone, it is a bit past my birthday now so the thread can be locked so it does not turn into an offtopic one or etc.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:21 pm 
Donator

masay wrote:
I have a 32" LCD und 125GB ram DDR3

Yesterday I had a threesome, so were both having a good week I guess...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: What I got for my Birthday        Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:23 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 64Bit
I got a PS3,Netgear WNDR3300 RangeMax Dual Band N Router and a new 32 inch HD LCD TV.

Top  Profile  YIM