BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 24d, 11h, 44m | CPU: 23% | MEM: 5749MB of 10984MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 PostPost subject: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:49 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I didn't think this fit in Announcements so I'll post it here instead.

As a lot of you know I haven't had the best start to the year. In late January I became ill with chronic diarrhea which as of now is still undiagnosed as to what the problem is. As a result of this I lost a fair bit of blood which made me iron deficit anemic. I have had half a dozen blood tests and they all came back inconclusive.

Added on top of that, I recently caught tonsillitis. Its that time of year for it to be going around and I was unfortunate enough to get it. Its hell, I can tell you. When you swallow its like swallowing razor blades. I am currently on day 11 and I can finally eat almost normally again without the pain. I say almost normally because as a result of the antibiotics I am taking for the tonsillitis, I have oral thrush (a side-effect), which also gives you ulcers. I now have half a dozen ulcers on my tongue making it extremely difficult to chew food.

Now, put all of that on top of the fact I lost my job 2 days ago, and I just had to fork out £250 to get my pride and joy through its MOT, and you can imagine what my life is currently feeling like.

To sum it up...

I have bowel problems, I am iron deficit anemic, I have tonsillitis, I have oral thrush, I have ulcers, I lost my job and I just spent £250 keeping my car on the road.

So, you think your life is bad? Take a look at the people around you...

I'd like to note that I'm not just telling everyone this because I want to, I'm doing it because I want to keep you informed, I want you to see that I'm not just the Admin of BetaArchive. I'm a real person too with a real life, real problems and real feelings. Its a hard time for me, but I have friends and family who are sticking by me through the whole thing. Sure, I may have lost my job, but that was no fault of the people I worked with. That wasn't even the managers decision. Head office told him to get rid of me or he would have kept me on. Point being, it doesn't matter how bad you think you have it, someone else has worse, and you can always get help from those close to you, as I have.

I have a hospital appointment in 8 days (next Saturday) to get me checked out. Hopefully from that day on it will be a quick recovery and I can be back to normal. I sure hope so because I can't go on with my life like this. Nobody can.

Anyway, I look forward to anything anyone would like to add...

Andy

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:00 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2008 Standard
Wow, I thought my teacher telling me that one of his friends are going to look at five people in the eye and say, "you're fired" was bad enough. I really hope you get well, because the funded health systems in the UK are far better than in the US.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:03 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Thlump wrote:
Wow, I thought my teacher telling me that one of his friends are going to look at five people in the eye and say, "you're fired" was bad enough. I really hope you get well, because the funded health systems in the UK are far better than in the US.

Funded my arse. I had to pay £7.10 for the antibiotics, £4.78 for an anesthetic spray that didn't work and £3.70 for some mouth wash today for the ulcers. We may get hospital things done for free but most medicine costs you... I'm just half thankful I'm out of work today because the prescriptions (£7.10) become free and I just got 2 today...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:05 am 
FTP Access

well that just sounds amazingly bad, like up [censored] creek without a paddle, and dont forget, its always darkest before the dawn.
But seriously dude,
U know ur always welcome at mine for some proper food.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:06 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Tommorichards wrote:
U know ur always welcome at mine for some proper food.

Thanks Tom, you know I always love the food at yours :) I come away feeling a hell of a lot better. Can I hire your Mum to cook for me? :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:08 am 
FTP Access

She doesn't do it for the money, just for the appreciation.
But i doubt with the job loss your car will be moving any time soon without the invention of free diesel.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:09 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
When you say "My life couldn't possibly get any worse...", oh sure it can, and it probably will to the point that you have a complete psychological and physical breakdown and have to spend more then a year to build your life back up again, it happens to just about everyone at some point in their life, it just takes that one day to finally stand up and say "[censored] IT" and get over it all and start a fresh.

Sure people could compare their lives to your own and say acouple of words, nice or not, but it's going to be one long journey for yourself to get back to normal life once again.

Anyways, keep away from any dairy and pork products, hi-fat (packets of chips and etc), and just take it easy.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:10 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Yeah I know, and even if I don't like it she knows I appreciate it as well. She doesn't get the thanks she deserves thats for sure. I'm glad I'm your "brother" :) lol.

Note to everyone: Toms family accepted me as an unofficial official member several years ago!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:15 am 
FTP Access

well Alexsis seems to know what hes on about. But isnt ur dad any help?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:19 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Alexsis is a very knowledgeable person and is always worth listening to. :)

My Dad has helped where he can but he's tied up with his own health issues at the moment as well. He developed asthma over the new year and its still heckling him every few days. He nearly got me up at 5am 2 days ago to take him to hospital because he could barely breathe. But he got through after a walk around and he was fine.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:26 am 
Donator

This is very worrying disturbance... It sounds like you've taken, and are still taking bitter blows. I pray that you get a rest from the ailments soon - the list you've mentioned is very heavy.
Keep us posted. *hug*

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:06 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn
wow man, i cant believe things have gotten that bad, i am sorry for the situation you are in my friend, your personal helath is the most important mate and i hope your trip to the hospital provides you a bit more info about what is goin on, i hate the "inconclusive" sh1t, it just makes things worse and gives you time to pile crap/ideas in your head as to what i issues could or might be...i remember a while ago when i was 23 i had kidneys stones, and i was in the most god awful pain ever, i spent 2 days on my bedroom floor in the fetal position crying...

only to be taken to the hospital to have them tell me i had blood in my urine...i passed out and woke up having an ultrasound to find the "stone" 2 weeks later i passed the stone @ the resturant i was werking in at the time, and a customer found me passed out in the bathroom....after again being in the worst pain i have ever been in..that was 12 years ago

i tell you this cause i am sure what you are going through is much worse then my tiny incident, and i wouldnt wish what i went through to anyone, i sincerely hope you start feeling better soon man and i truthfully wish you all the best man, you can always be sure that you have friends if you need to talk mate!

peas
cityboy

Last edited by dj_cityboy on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:54 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1
Well, Andy, as far as I am away, on the other side of the Atlantic, I would like to wish you the best of luck in these trying times. Keep plugging away, eventually everything shall come to pass.

Don't let a job loss and a few health problems crush your sense of self-worth. Where I live, people are losing jobs left and right, and on top of that, the influenza season is at its height. A casual acquaintance of mine at school perished recently, due to complications from influenza. I haven't mourned him as much as I should have, but that's probably because I didn't know him that terribly well...

The entire world is depressed. You are not alone. Trudge on!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:57 am 
Donator

I kind of had chronic diahreaa for about a year in 2005. Everytime I had somthing nice like BBQ food or fish and chips i'd spend the later part of the next night on the toliet pretty much till it ran its course. It cleared up in the end but its not the best. It never occured it might be chronic I just thought it was the food and my body.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:12 pm 
FTP Access

well dude, everyone seems to have also had a sh1tty time so u are not alone.
So why not take a nice long hot bath and just relax.
*ignorance IS bliss*

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:21 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Vista Beta 1 (6.0.5112)
I hope you feel better and I pray your situation improves drastically. I can't say I've ever had that many things wrong all at once, so I can't say I know how you feel, but I hope it turns around quickly.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:44 pm 
Donator

Tommorichards wrote:
well dude, everyone seems to have also had a sh1tty time so u are not alone.
So why not take a nice long hot bath and just relax.
*ignorance IS bliss*

Your correct about that. I don't have health problems but I do have not being paid properly by some greedy b*$tards that I work for. I also have the fact I still owe my parents for this new psu I needed but issue 1 will sort out 2.
Edit: Look at that they under paid me a 2nd time too. This means that the pay lady needs a brain or that the compnays trieing to weedle into paying less so they can pay the ceo more.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:54 pm 
FTP Access

win98 wrote:
Your correct about that. I don't have health problems but I do have not being paid properly by some greedy b*$tards that I work for. I also have the fact I still owe my parents for this new psu I needed but issue 1 will sort out 2.
Edit: Look at that they under paid me a 2nd time too. This means that the pay lady needs a brain or that the compnays trieing to weedle into paying less so they can pay the ceo more.

Well, if you look on the bright side, when it gets rectified, u get a nice bonus.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:44 pm 
Donator

Andy, I fell extremely bad for you. I feel bad blowing money on trivial things over here knowing that there
are people out there that are sifting through crap just to eat. We've all been through bad times, but you
have it exceptionally bad. My only advice is to be as pessimistic as possible. That way, when things finally
start to look your way it's like a natural high.

I hope things start going your way as soon as possible. :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:54 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Well today I can at least eat almost normally again. I got some mouthwash for the ulcers and its worked wonders, except it stops me really tasting anything and water also tastes horrible too, but it has to be done or I can't eat at all.

Next week I have to go on a special diet ready for my examinations. They will be putting a camera inside me to see what the problem is so the special diet cleans the inside out so they can see what they're looking for.

I might be offline most of Friday and Saturday next week, but I'll do my best to get onto some Wifi and get online. I will be staying at a family members for the few days while I recover so Internet is an almost must to stop be getting bored I think... I'll sort something out and let you guys know :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:50 am 
FTP Access

"inside you..."

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:13 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Tommorichards wrote:
"inside you..."

Yes, inside me. Somewhere the sun doesn't shine.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:21 am 
Donator

Things will get better :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:09 am 
FTP Access

looks like the picture with the fox was a little more accurate than i had hoped....

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Just to sum up how bad my life really is at the moment...        Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:57 pm 
Donator

LMAO, Andy nearly said the same thing on msn XD

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next