BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 8h, 17m | CPU: 18% | MEM: 4475MB of 10779MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Clarkconnect web server rerouting to my modem        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:02 am 
FTP Access

Hi everyone
After installing my webserver and activating the dynamic dns supplied by clarkconnect, I ran into an interesting problem.
Instead of my web address taking me to the test page of my server, it took me to my modem's webconfig page. Does anybody have any clue as to why it is doing this and how it can be fixed?
BTW my server is in gateway mode if that helps.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Clarkconnect web server rerouting to my modem        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:38 pm 
Donator

Argh I know what your talking about but going back to school today + no sleep equals shoddy post.

Long story short thats the way it is and it's pretty much like that on every home server (business maybe?). If you want to overcome this, edit your hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc), type in the servers local IP and then the servers DDNS. At least then your hosts file will go to your server instead of your modem.

Maybe someone else can explain why it does that

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Clarkconnect web server rerouting to my modem        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:00 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows for Workgroups 3.11
I think it depends on the router/modem. I had a Motorola WR850G router and every time I tried to connect to my domain, it brought me to the router config page. I then had a Trendnet TEW-432BRP router, and later one with dd-wrt, and they both did successfully route me to my website. It's probably a similar hardware issue. If you need to see your website, try using a proxy such as http://kproxy.com or http://pimpmyip.org.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Clarkconnect web server rerouting to my modem        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:00 am 
FTP Access

Would forwarding port 80 on my modem help at all, or is it an internal network issue?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Clarkconnect web server rerouting to my modem        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:00 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
That might work. Can you see your website through the proxy?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Clarkconnect web server rerouting to my modem        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:37 am 
Donator

So your referring to external access (out side of your network) or internal? Cause I probably gave you the wrong answer before

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Clarkconnect web server rerouting to my modem        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:55 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
I think he means originating from his computer, and then trying to access the site from the internet side of his modem, but the modem gets in the way.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Clarkconnect web server rerouting to my modem        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:21 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune Build 5111
you have forwarded the port from your router to the server ?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Clarkconnect web server rerouting to my modem        Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:17 am 
FTP Access

Never mind, the problem seems to have solved itself.

Top  Profile