BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 58d, 16h, 33m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 6202MB of 10843MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Jonathan Ross is in the headlines again        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:31 pm 
Donator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7849607.stm

It seems that Jonathan Ross is back in the headlines on his first week back at work. The News of the World (just about says it all, doesn't it?) published a (in my opinion) biased article about the incident:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/142822/Jonathan-Ross-does-sick-OAP-sex-gag-on-Radio-2.html

And now people want him to be sacked. What do you all think of it? Personally, I think the News of the World has something against Jonathan Ross. I mean, just look at the article. Repetitive use of the words sick, mega-bucks and shocking not to mention the quote "[The broadcast] came just after 10 o’clock in the morning when families and children were listening." Surely they would have known about Jonathan Ross's previous activities last October and knew that there would probably be some controversial content in the show.

No-one has complained about the incident, so where's the problem?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Jonathan Ross is in the headlines again        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:46 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
7600 x64
He's done it once, he shouldn't get away with it again. We all know he will though. He earns the BBC far to much money, it pays to be a bit controversial sometimes.
Thats my two cents anyway.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Jonathan Ross is in the headlines again        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:57 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Lol, 'families and children were listening'

Anyone know any families that collectively listen to Radio 2? Or any single child for that matter?

I really don't care what happens to Ross. I don't think he should be paid as much as he is anyway, regardless of whether he feels the need to be controversial.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Jonathan Ross is in the headlines again        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:38 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Mavericks
benjmole1 wrote:
He's done it once, he shouldn't get away with it again. We all know he will though. He earns the BBC far to much money, it pays to be a bit controversial sometimes.
Thats my two cents anyway.

I agree.

After the first time, he should have been given another chance (Like anyone), but now I would say he has blown it, and he should never be allowed to work in the Broadcasting Industry again (Either Radio or TV)

[/rant]

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Jonathan Ross is in the headlines again        Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:57 pm 
Staff

Honestly, who gives a [censored]?
If people have the time to complain about some joke someone on tv makes, they have something lacking in their life.

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]