BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 53d, 16h, 0m | CPU: 13% | MEM: 5707MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:59 am 
Donator

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=VkM9cDiWJ ... annel_page

-NOT WORK SAFE, unless you use headphones :D -
-May be offensive to some people-

Very funny song,
-Zach :wink:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:40 am 
Donator

Zach, are you Australian?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:37 am 
Donator

Yes, How did you know :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:41 am 
Donator

Because that song would only be funny to an Australian.
Definatley not their funniest stunt, I like the ones were they go to the US and ask general knowledge questions to people on the street.
That, and the Apec stunt.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:48 am 
Donator

Haha, Yeah :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:53 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate
Actually it's one of their best because it upset ACA and TT (A Current Affair and Today Tonight)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:42 am 
Donator

Everything they do offends TT, from saying Steve Irwin was a [censored] to accusing Anna Cohren of being anorexic.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:03 pm 
Donator

Wikipedia Definition: Desecration
"the act of depriving something of its sacred character -- or the disrespectful or contemptuous treatment of that which is held to be sacred by a group or individual."

I have seen the song previously, and the below image sums it up.
Image removed, remember to use the uploader

The song is written by a group of comedians who most likely didn't know the people they wrote about personally. There was no need for the song to be written, and I do not find it funneh. I thought it was pretty weak, these people are dead - tainting how we remember them isn't going to help anyone.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:24 pm 
Donator

I didn't find it funny either, but it's (supposedly) a free country and they have the right to say whatever they want (Though a little tact and common sense goes a long way)

IIRC, the main point Today Tonight made about this song, is that the ABC is government funded, and so indirectly (TT makes this point alot) the government pays them to do this crap, and gives them air time for it.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:29 pm 
Donator

I was referring to:

Quote:
Very funny song,
-Zach ;)

When I said I didn't find it funny. I know Zach said that it would be offensive to some people, I was just disappointed that it needed discussed.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:37 pm 
Donator

I just love the irony that a show that tried to hug the PM while holding a chainsaw is government funded.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:52 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate
It was very interesting to see what the Chaser guys said about the stunt on the audio commentary, they basically said that when it was performed in the show Dead Caesar the audience of the show didn't complain due to the fact they thought when it was performed there it was a 'Private' club. But when it was performed to the Australian public it wasn't liked as much. Though I'm willing to bet most of the complaints came from people who watched the Stories on Today Tonight and A Current Affair and took the view of their one sided journalism though they probably haven't watched the show before.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:53 am 
Donator

One sided Journalism?
They portray all sides of the story (That a middle class white christian family with 2.5 children would need to see)

Every time somthing happens they get some random family to bitch and moan about how bad they've got it.
"With the way things are going, we might loose our seccond house, and we haven't had an overseas holiday in alomst 5 years, poor us"

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The Chasers Was On Everything - The Eulogy Song        Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:49 am 
Donator

I think from now on all the videos posted in this forum should be put in a sticky thread dedicated to all the videos in the jokes and fun section.
Sorry if you guys didnt find the song funny, of course it was going to be offensive like i warned.
It seemed funny to me the first time i watched the video.

Top  Profile