BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 21h, 41m | CPU: 41% | MEM: 6135MB of 11126MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:30 am 
Donator

Hello there! Time for a formal introduction!

I go by the name Rayle. I'm 18, I live in Australia and I work as a computer tech at a catholic college in a small town north of Perth. I've been in computing for a while now, and I wouldn't trade my lifestyle for anything in the world. I'm primarily a Windows user, and while I occasionally dabble in Linux.

One of my more interesting quirks when it comes to computing (as my room mate will tell you ^_^) is that I like to be different and I like a challenge. When XP was the big thing, I was on Server '03, Vista or Linux. When Vista became mainstream, I was back on longhorn or already on 7. Now that the 7 beta is pretty popular, i'm thinking of trying longhorn again. Yes it is frustrating getting your computer to work on alphas and betas, and yes, you do look like a bit of an idiot when it keeps breaking, but testing and running betas is a hobby which keeps me amused and on my toes, and I just enjoy that exhilarating feeling you get when you finally get that last component working you know?

I came across this forum when I was researching Windows 7. It's really great to see a community of like-minded people when I thought there was none! The amount of knowledge I've gained from this place in my short time here is unbelievable, and I really hope to be a solid member of BA for a long time to come!

Thanks for letting me dribble ^_^

Last edited by rayle on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:33 am 
Donator

Hey hey! Great to see more Australians on the forum.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:41 am 
Donator

Aussie born and bred ^_^ Except the brain, that's has its own nationality...or plane of reality at least :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:50 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
jabster wrote:
Hey hey! Great to see more Australians on the forum.

It is!? :| You be a Squirrel in a hambag for making that statement!

Moving on...welcome to BA, Mr Rayle, always good to have a member express a bit about his/her life, it meets well in getting to know people more personally, especially when it's not an overcrowded forum. :)

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:57 am 
Donator

Squirrel in a handbag? Hypocrite...
Don't let Alexsis's use of the word "Mom", his references to squirrels and the fact he's currently in the US fool you, he's and Australian too.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:09 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
jabster wrote:
Don't let Alexsis's use of the word "Mom", his references to squirrels and the fact he's currently in the US fool you, he's and Australian too.

Hah!I said Hambag you young scrag of a bag!

I shall stop now :P

Yeah, Australian born but not raised (England), I live in NSW myself, around 300ks down from Brisbane.

Anyways, again, welcome to BA, mate. :)

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:05 am 
FTP Access

Definatly great to see more Aussies on BA :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:02 pm 
Donator

Hi from the City of Churches :/

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:52 am 
Donator

Alexsis wrote:
jabster wrote:

Hah!I said Hambag you young scrag of a bag!

I shall stop now :P

Yeah, Australian born but not raised (England), I live in NSW myself, around 300ks down from Brisbane.

Anyways, again, welcome to BA, mate. :)

Offtopic: Alexsis, you've earned the Intel i386DX trophy for having 386 posts!

Anyway, welcome to BetaArchive, rayle! :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:13 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
AUSSIES RULE! :D ATTN: rayle, it sounds like you like to live on the edge so can i suggest you try windows ME as a second os,i used it as my main os for 3 years and i didnt have any problem with it, it supports up to a 5 gigahertz cpu and you can run cool old dos games.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:09 am 
Donator

Pfft betaluva, running Server 2003/2008 as your main is where its at

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:25 am 
Donator

Naah, tryna make 4074 usable as a main OS is the latest craze.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:31 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 R2
It's very hard to disagree with both of you. Hello, I'm new here also its nice to learn about you and that's cool that your an Aussie I have some close friends from that area and I hope you've enjoyed this board as far as I have so far :D

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:20 pm 
FTP Access

Aussies invassion!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Autobiography (Nah, just some stuff about me)        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:47 pm 
Donator

"I come from a land down under"

-Not Mexico.

Top  Profile