BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 20h, 10m | CPU: 28% | MEM: 5781MB of 10744MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Damned RM and websense        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:15 pm 
FTP Access

Hi, im at college most of the monday and tuesday. Time would fly if i could get onto facebook.
Does anyone know of a way to program a page so it opens up without being detected by websense.
I need it to live?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Damned RM and websense        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:24 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Mavericks
Facebook and the like is blocked at schools and colleges for a reason.

I have my own proxies that I use to get-around them, but they are for my use only. This is because I dont want to be blamed when they get blocked/caught on them.

Its easy enough to do though... Just set up a webserver, install php and google for a open source proxy.

Craigy

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Damned RM and websense        Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:13 pm 
Donator

Our school is more of "if its not on the list you cant go" but the list is large... except proxies obviously. Its best to use a encrypted remote desktop connection to your home computer as they think its a secure connection.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Damned RM and websense        Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:44 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune & Longhorn
Try to install firefox portable on your USB stick, plug it in and run it. In most school systems, it works. Webproxys can also help.

But it isn't blocked without a reason. BTW if your computer is monitored, you can also search for a portable taskmanager, and kill the processes with monitor and that kind of stuff in it.

If it works, it's really handy. At my school, even wikipedia is blocked :?. Nobody sees a reason for it, but it is. :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Damned RM and websense        Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:40 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Wikipedia is often blocked because it makes research too easy and everyones research the same. With wikipedia blocked, it stops people grabbing the same information so it puts some variety into the work. With it blocked you have to work harder, so there is logic to their plans ;)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Damned RM and websense        Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:38 pm 
FTP Access

Would that portable firefox be an executable? Cos theyre blocked too.
If not, i may try it

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Damned RM and websense        Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:52 pm 
Donator

Well its obviously going to be .exe; you could get in to the command prompt using the command.com route but couldn't get into the registry which would likely be useful if your school stores most rights in the registry like mine :P.

My school wouldn't allow using regedit so i got one from online and changed the value for blocking regedit but it looks like your school wouldn't run any program thats not authorized.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Damned RM and websense        Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:10 pm 
FTP Access

whats the command.com route?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Damned RM and websense        Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:10 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I use an SSH tunnel at my school to get past the filters. I then use a local cascading proxy server to convert from SOCKS5 to HTTP proxy, just in case I reconfigure IE instead of run the already configured Firefox portable from my area. Firefox portable is better than IE in such a case because Impero cannot block pages in FF.

Reminds me, the technicians deleted the "Misc" folder I have in my area because its not school related (it has Firefox portable, PuTTY Portable and the local proxy in it :wink: ) so I just restored it from the "View previous versions" dialogue. 8-)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Damned RM and websense        Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:06 am 
Donator

Andy wrote:
Wikipedia is often blocked because it makes research too easy and everyones research the same. With wikipedia blocked, it stops people grabbing the same information so it puts some variety into the work. With it blocked you have to work harder, so there is logic to their plans ;)

until people go home and use it there.

if you can't run applications, then your only choice is proxies. I did this at school until they caught on and blocked everything. Try going to some page translation sites that can translate the entire site. they often work

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Damned RM and websense        Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:55 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 8
Tommorichards wrote:
Hi, im at college most of the monday and tuesday. Time would fly if i could get onto facebook.
Does anyone know of a way to program a page so it opens up without being detected by websense.
I need it to live?

Hmm....

RM, I know quite well. I also know that using a https://nameyourproxy.site/ which hasn't been identified by RM will not get the Base64 and Rot13 checked and blocked.

Websense, I have no idea what the program is or does. That's all I can suggest. If you can run firefox portable (or flock if FF is keyword blocked) then give that a go.

Top  Profile  WWW