BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 13d, 3h, 13m | CPU: 12% | MEM: 6645MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Le'Windows 7 'kitchen computer..        Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
Hi,

My first post this year will be about my latest project - "Le'Windows 7 kitchen computer"

A while back, a friend of ours sold me a cheap computer, the reason was that the screen was.. well.. messed up.. i reggen that she got pissed and in a quick reaction she went kick-boxing on the screen.. anyway.. i paid less than 100$ for it (500 swedish KR), the poor thing (the computer) felt realy bad, so i gave it some new memory and a new harddisk (imagine if you could do that to real people.. i guess there is some old people on the elder-homes that would be overly thrilled.. ;)

Anyway, i now had a computer that could boot.. with a messed up screen, but working perfectly with a external monitor.. so my next thought was.. what todo with this.. freak of nature...

Ok, its no secret that me and my wife like computers (well.. i like them, she lives quitly with them.. only commenting them once in a while like.. turn of that computer.. )

Anyway, i came with the conclusion.. HEY HEY.. the only room (well.. except the toilet) that dosent have a computer.. is the kitchen.. and we could realy need one there.. (i convinced my wife by speaking about receipies, music and shopping lists.. let that be a leasson to use once you want to try the same .. experiment)

Anyway, i removed the dead monitor on the laptop, along with the "foot" on a 17" TFT monitor, i chose to go with Windows 7 Beta #1 (For those who havent been paying attention, Windows 7 is the next *drewling* version of Windows after Vista)

Here is a picture of the result.

and another picture where my wife is demonstrating the two apart...

(the picture of the beauty is from news years eve)

The result is now that we have a realy nice computer in the kitchen that can be used when we (malin) cook, and i can play with as i pretend to help her ;-)

Have a nice 2009.

Run OSX on a pc - Ahsay backup monitoring - Online Backup

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: Le'Windows 7 'kitchen computer..        Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:17 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Mac OS 9.2.2
leonbollerup wrote:
snip

That computer doesn't look that old. Looks like a Celeron M/D and Vista capible

Last edited by Bender on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Le'Windows 7 'kitchen computer..        Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:22 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
Your quite right, a Celeron 1,5ghz with 2gb ram and a 60gb harddisk

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: Le'Windows 7 'kitchen computer..        Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:46 am 
Donator

It's got Vista-basic compatible stickers on the laptop, plus the fact that in the image the taskbar in 7 is transparent.

Nice project... I was considering that at one point... everyone always asking me to print off recipes :^)

edit: you have a nice wife by the looks of it :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Le'Windows 7 'kitchen computer..        Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:53 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
Hi,

As for recepies i went with "Recipe Center 5.0"

(Screenshot using RDP to the kitcken computer)

If anyone know any better, feel free to contribute :)

As for the wife, yes, she is realy something, not many women would allow you to experiment with computers like i do, maybe because (even tho that she dont want to admit), is a bit nerdy herself.. Her being swedish, me being Danish might also have something todo with it.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: Le'Windows 7 'kitchen computer..        Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:59 pm 
Donator

That program looks alright, is it free or paid for?

Offtopic - no aero when you RDP by the looks of it

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Le'Windows 7 'kitchen computer..        Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:06 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
OSX
yep, its free.. try and google it...

As for Aero on RDP, nope.. not yet.. but i heard that Microsoft is working on it.. so lets wait and see....

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ