BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 1d, 3h, 39m | CPU: 11% | MEM: 4858MB of 10909MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Cell Phone Question        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:27 am 
Donator

I have a problem with my Motorola V3 Razr, what is happening is that if I have it on and I decide to access something on the phone the screen turns white and sends me back to the front screen, what should I do to stop this from happening ?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Cell Phone Question        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:42 am 
Donator

The phone sucks, end of. I had it for a week and the only thing it was good at was freezing and rebooting.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Cell Phone Question        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:19 pm 
Donator

Ahh, I am gonna get a new phone then tis ones causing me a lot of troubles, I bought some RAM yesterday, and it doesn't fit my board the A8N-E x.x I dunno if a lot of people are gonna be upset with FutureShop or not as a lot of people have DDR RAM on their PC's but the notch is different on this make so I gotta take it back next week.

As for Cell Phone, I am gonna freecycle it and get a new one thats unlocked.

I gotta go back and see if I can get DDR as I accidentally purchased DDR2

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Cell Phone Question        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:25 pm 
FTP Access

Personally, I dislike almost every Motorola phone out there. But the best one [the one I own as well] is the Motorola V9. It is a part of their second edition model of the phone, along with the V8, and V9m [depending on your service provider].

This is one of the best phones for AT&T and is made of strong materials. I haven't scratched it yet after dropping it a few times. The phone can play music, has a Micro-SD slot, 3G speeds, and has been rated the best phone to text with without a QWERTY keyboard, and also the best phone to take photos with because the camera quality is beyond amazing. Seriously, check out CNET Reviews for the phone. Personally, I love the phone...

...but my AT&T Tilt is better. :P The only issue is the camera, regardless of it being 3MP.

So if you want, I would go for this phone, as it's an updated model of the Motorola series, but if you have a different provider, I know that Motorola has a linux version of their software on the Sprint or Verizon model.

Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Cell Phone Question        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:28 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
have you been modded the phone recently? it sounds like part of the os is corrupted or missing, if you have bought a new phone then try flashing the v3, i have a v3 refresh and i love it,the only thing i hate is the stupid light sensor feature, the screen becomes unreadable in sunlight !,( i have a tutorial on how fix the problem and im going to try in the next few days.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Cell Phone Question        Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:48 am 
Donator

the previous owner I believe probably tried flashing it, and it was a bad flash, and I can't even do any mods to it, but I am gonna get a new phone hopefully next week, whence I return the wireless router.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Cell Phone Question        Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:27 pm 
FTP Access

hypr wrote:
I have a problem with my Motorola V3 Razr, what is happening is that if I have it on and I decide to access something on the phone the screen turns white and sends me back to the front screen, what should I do to stop this from happening ?

My Dad has that problem when trying to change the ringtone settings on his Motorola V220, I don't think theres any way of repairing it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Cell Phone Question        Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:26 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 R2
I've never been much of a cellphone person myself, All I have is the Virgin Mobile T.N.T (I would NOT recommend Virgin Mobile to anyone as they restrict any kind of 3rd party ring tone carriers and block the data ports on the phone. Charge insane prices as well.)

Top  Profile
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]