BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 71d, 11h, 26m | CPU: 44% | MEM: 6311MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: WPC54G cannot find any networks        Posted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:12 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Hi, I've got a WPC54G V3, and I'm trying to connect to my router: WAG54GS. The adaptor cannot see/ detect any networks; nothing is listed in the Linksys software, and Windows Network Connection says that no wireless networks were found in range.

The laptop is running on Windows XP, SP2, about to upgrade to SP3 now, and it's a clean install.

The power LED on the device is on, whilst I have not seen the link LED light up at all.

The SSID is being broadcasted, as my other laptops (with internal cards) can see the network fine, and is using the WPA2-Personal Encryption.

The SecureEasySetup function doesn't appear to detect the AP either.

Rebooting has no effect, so, what should I do?

Thanks,

Merry Christmas!

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: WPC54G cannot find any networks        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:38 am 
Is your router connected to 2 or more computers at once? Is it broadcasting "ESSID Broadcast" (the signal that makes your computer's wireless card pick up your wireless signal and display it as available.)

Have you tried going to the wireless networks controls (I assume you have a PC) and adding your signals information manually to the networks list? This might solve your problem.

PostPost subject: Re: WPC54G cannot find any networks        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:11 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
MacDan wrote:
Is your router connected to 2 or more computers at once? Is it broadcasting "ESSID Broadcast" (the signal that makes your computer's wireless card pick up your wireless signal and display it as available.)

Have you tried going to the wireless networks controls (I assume you have a PC) and adding your signals information manually to the networks list? This might solve your problem.

Router is connected to printer, and 1 computer.

I've tried adding the network manually on the laptop to no avail.

Top  Profile  WWW