BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 55d, 12h, 53m | CPU: 37% | MEM: 6165MB of 10981MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules


Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Free Software        Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:00 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:24 pm

Posts
198

Favourite OS
Mac OS X 10.6.3 :D
Image

Not Sure if you heard about this website, But I like it a lot :D

The Image is dynamic changing the time and offer.
(Sorry BA, Couldn't use your image uploader)


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:52 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:11 pm

Posts
65

Location
uk, Scotland, Stirlingshire, Grangemouth
Happy face, i must have and protect my backups!!!

_________________
H λ L F - L I F E ²: B E T A Image


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:06 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:46 pm

Posts
682

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune & Longhorn
What a really good found! :D

Are there also sometimes great programs that are given away?

_________________
Image


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:11 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Posts
104

Location
Bristol

Favourite OS
Windows XP MCE Build 2600 ;)
Woot woot mate this site is awesome thanks for letting us know :D

#J o r d a n

_________________
--Signature Coming Soon--
--------------------------


Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:24 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:24 pm

Posts
198

Favourite OS
Mac OS X 10.6.3 :D
zeehonden_3 wrote:
What a really good found! :D

Are there also sometimes great programs that are given away?

Yes, you can check back on this page to go to the main website tomorrow.
Maybe there'll be a good program.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:34 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:09 am

Posts
2480

Location
Bristol, UK

Favourite OS
Windows 8
That site has been around for two plus years now. I have got licence keys of some software that came off that site lurking around, and some of the software was useful once.

Obviously the software isn't always brilliant, and you can sometimes find free software which does the same or better than what gotd offered you.

Still, look on the site every now and then and you may find something you like.

_________________
Image


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:51 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:24 pm

Posts
198

Favourite OS
Mac OS X 10.6.3 :D
Speaking of good programs,
todays looks pretty good.
with a norm price of $30-$40.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:26 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Posts
104

Location
Bristol

Favourite OS
Windows XP MCE Build 2600 ;)
Yes it is awesome i wanted a partition manager :D

_________________
--Signature Coming Soon--
--------------------------


Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:59 pm 
Reply with quote
Staff
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:09 am

Posts
2480

Location
Bristol, UK

Favourite OS
Windows 8
Yes, looks good and I am sure that will be usfeul

But don't forget unless they give out license keys, if you want to reinstall it, oh wait you can't.


This is where freebies (i.e. Paragon Disk Manager) from computer magazine's come very handy, I've probably accumulated £550 worth of software, including a complete Serif suite, Nero 7, etc.

Really it's amazing what you get for free or for a few quid. There's probably other sites like Gotd which are unspoken of

_________________
Image


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:33 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
Offline

Joined
Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:42 am

Posts
748

Location
Guelph, ON, Canada
I'll keep an eye on it as well, I know I probably won't need much unless the time calls for something that I really need something


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:22 pm 
Reply with quote
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:19 am

Posts
1915

Location
New Zealand
Rioter wrote:
Yes, looks good and I am sure that will be usfeul

But don't forget unless they give out license keys, if you want to reinstall it, oh wait you can't.


This is where freebies (i.e. Paragon Disk Manager) from computer magazine's come very handy, I've probably accumulated £550 worth of software, including a complete Serif suite, Nero 7, etc.

Really it's amazing what you get for free or for a few quid. There's probably other sites like Gotd which are unspoken of

you can just copy the file it extracts from the temp folder and then you can keep it.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:10 pm 
Reply with quote
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:24 pm

Posts
198

Favourite OS
Mac OS X 10.6.3 :D
___ wrote:
Rioter wrote:
Yes, looks good and I am sure that will be usfeul

But don't forget unless they give out license keys, if you want to reinstall it, oh wait you can't.


This is where freebies (i.e. Paragon Disk Manager) from computer magazine's come very handy, I've probably accumulated £550 worth of software, including a complete Serif suite, Nero 7, etc.

Really it's amazing what you get for free or for a few quid. There's probably other sites like Gotd which are unspoken of

you can just copy the file it extracts from the temp folder and then you can keep it.



Easier:
Some of the GOTD programs tell you to serial key when installing (i.e. AnVir Task Manager [Today's Giveaway])

Image


Top  Profile  WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2018

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS